Archery Talk Forum banner

Shrewd scopes very very good?????

991 7
Are these the best scopes?
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
3,936 Posts

I would say for me they are. I like the pin being infront of the lense feature. I can pop my lense out and shoot without it and nothing has changed sight mark wise. Optics I beleive are F.V. and are top notch. Also very easy to clean the lense, just unscrew it. I have had almost all the brands out there and this seems to work the best for me. and I like the way it is designed. I use it on a CBE Micro Lite the Shrewd has a square cut in the housing so if you mount it on a CBE sight it absoloutley can not rotate. Try one you will like it.:D

· Registered
3,917 Posts
After using near on every scope in the market I have to agree. The shrewd is as clear as any lens I have looked through and offers a couple of other advantages as well. The lens being housed in the screw retainer is an absolute bonus when it comes to convenience of use, No allen screws no orings just unscrew the housing and there is your lens. The fibre optic in front of the lens works particularly well for me but that may be a personal thing. This scope rocks:D

· Registered
3,529 Posts
Yes Shrewd Scopes are the best on the market. They offer every advantage you need or want in a scope. The clarity is awesome...

· Registered
145 Posts
AAAA++++++

I too have to give the thumbs up for Shrewd, They have everything that you could want in a scope, clean machine work, great glass, the best pin on the market IMO, and the compatability with CBE bars is unparrallelled.....dont forget about Shrewd Stabilizers and grips.....also top knotch.......Jim

· Registered
1,417 Posts
terence said:
Hmm... it depends on what you mean by "best."

I have a red 2003 UT, and the Shrewd has *exactly* the same color, so it looks awesome. The scope quality is really good, too, and it is quite excellent, overall.

But I decided to order a Beiter 39mm wide scope, because it is very "modular," and it should be possible to configure it in many ways. The Beiter scope is ugly, but I suspect it will be more flexible at the end of the day:

http://www.wernerbeiter.com/english/news/news-scope39.html

In particular, note the .pdf link near the end of the page that shows their "frame" system, the interchangable pins, the sunshade, etc.

But I got a SureLoc 3rd axis for each of them, so it will be possible to swap them at will....

kgk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.