Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has experience with these stabilizers?
I run Cutter stabilizers on my RX-1 Ultra, straight 15 inch front, and a 10 inch back bar.
Considering running a shorter set-up for a VXR 31.5 I just acquired, 12 inch front (on angled 8 degree), and 9 inch back bar of the new Shrewd Vantage.

·
Registered
8,161 Posts
I think a dampener on the bar is a help but can’t imagine there’s a measurable difference on where it is on the bar.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have the front 12 and really like it. I also want to ad the atlas and 9 inch to the back. Vxr 31.5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all for the feedback. I took the plunge and just went for it. 12 inch front, and 9 inch rear.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Have it set up yet with the 12/9? I just got a 12/9 and waiting for it...how do you like it if so?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Have it set up yet with the 12/9? I just got a 12/9 and waiting for it...how do you like it if so?
Have them all set up on the VXR, and I’ve sent maybe 100 down range. Fit and finish is pretty nice minus some machine if marks at the end of the 12 inch.
Very compact, don’t really notice much difference sliding the dampener around.

I’m undecided on the 12 inch, since it only puts the weigts out at 10 inches. There is a + difference in aiming when I throw my 15 in with 3oz on, vs the vantage 12 with 4oz.

Need more time with them. Will be keeping the 9” rear Forsure, crushes my current 10” backbar in maneuverability.
DC923236-4CD5-43CC-9346-1AF874ADB3A9.jpeg

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And have added 2 more oz on the rear since the photo, holds like a dream. Those shrewd 2 oz weights are great, just need to hit them with the rust oleum

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I got a 12/9 set for my vxr. Feels like they do a little better job of dampening than the b stinger micro hex I had on before. Hard to tell on that bow though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,607 Posts
Have them all set up on the VXR, and I’ve sent maybe 100 down range. Fit and finish is pretty nice minus some machine if marks at the end of the 12 inch.
Very compact, don’t really notice much difference sliding the dampener around.

I’m undecided on the 12 inch, since it only puts the weigts out at 10 inches. There is a + difference in aiming when I throw my 15 in with 3oz on, vs the vantage 12 with 4oz.

Need more time with them. Will be keeping the 9” rear Forsure, crushes my current 10” backbar in maneuverability.
View attachment 7341112
That's why I like the Shrewd Onyx and RevX bars better than the Vantage. You would need a 14 " Vantage to get the same stability as a 12" Onyx or RevX.

Plus, I don't like any rubber on the end of my back bar, it can get hung up in your shirt or jacket.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts