Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody still shooting shuttle t locks? Thinking about getting some to try.
Let me know the pros and cons on this head.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I killed maybe 30 deer and 2 elk with them. Fly like darts, nice hole. Not sharp enough. Called the company and talked to them years ago, even before Dan Evans owned them. Evans upgraded the sharpness but it just is not good enough. I also bent the screw going into the arrow on a nice buck hitting the backbone. I switched to the 125 Exodus sweptback. Much sharper, fly great, made by QAD, bigger cut and crazy penetration with great blood.

·
Registered
7,740 Posts
Anybody still shooting shuttle t locks? Thinking about getting some to try.
Let me know the pros and cons on this head.
great head- fly like darts . i recommend these to guys where i live no bow shops for miles and a lot of them cant tune real well . i have killed allot nice bucks with them quality not as good as used to be but still great head

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Looks like they upgraded these heads for 2018 and claim sharper blades - I always liked these heads - strong solid design and great flight - blade sharpness was the downfall - I may try the new ones and if they are sharper they will be perfect

·
Registered
384 Posts
Shot two deer with them this year. Fly straight, get the job done and you can sharpen them with a little patience. I go between them and chinadermics. Wanted a fixed head for shoot through mesh in my blind and a tougher head for the elk I haven’t killed yet. I’ll be using them next season again.

·
My Elk Hunting Home
32,335 Posts
I have a few of the original ones and extra blades. Didn't care for the Black Ops version.......the edges curled or dinged up much easier. The originals are one of the toughest fixed blade heads I've shot. Tougher to resharpen, but not impossible with a Dremel and a felt wheel with polishing compound.

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
AE1A3CF8-88D0-42A3-8784-A45833BF9880.jpg 40DCB8D8-988E-48C5-B7D7-564CEDC73E80.jpg

First time user last week. They fly like FPS out to 80 yds. I arrowhead this one at 53 yds. Piled up in 30-40 yds.

·
Registered
11,447 Posts
if you look at the back part of the blade, they are steep of an angle as most big mechanicals... kind of counter intuitive for broadhead design (especially for light draw weights)

I remember when folks raved about them back in the day, I did buy one pack, and shot a deer with one, blades got really dinged up, and weak blood trail (I know that's a relative thing) I was in my muzzy using phase at that time, and went back to them, haha.

I think for a 3 blade replaceable head, it's really tough to beat the exodus right now

1 - 11 of 11 Posts