Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I think I am making the jump from fixed to mechanical simply because of the acccurateness of the mechanicals and have a few buddies that shoot rage and shwackers and the shwacker guys seem to love those heads...only issue i keep hearin is make sure your KE (kinetic energy i assume) is good enough...I will prob shooting the 100gr with a Hoyt Maxxis 31 70# (prob set to about 68 or so) 29" DL...i mean i would think that would be plenty but not sure how to figure that out.

Thanks!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Hey guys I think I am making the jump from fixed to mechanical simply because of the acccurateness of the mechanicals and have a few buddies that shoot rage and shwackers and the shwacker guys seem to love those heads...only issue i keep hearin is make sure your KE (kinetic energy i assume) is good enough...I will prob shooting the 100gr with a Hoyt Maxxis 31 70# (prob set to about 68 or so) 29" DL...i mean i would think that would be plenty but not sure how to figure that out.

Thanks!
You will be fine, but here is a way to run the numbers... http://www.stickemarchery.com/stickemcart/archery-calculators.aspx

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok good deal I think im def good then no matter what gr arrow ill be using i could prob go with the 125 gr but i have mine sighted with the 100gr so thats what ill buy

·
Registered
266 Posts
I had to replace the yellow rubber bands with Votex style orings in order to get em to shoot. But shoot good now

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good deal im excited to get these out....i mean iv had ppl try to talk me into the rage and i think they are great heads dont get me wrong i just get the feeling the Shwackers are a little tougher and can cut through that bone a little better should that happen..i mean we are human it happens. I think the rage does have a little better entry but seems that they dont pass through too often..any ideas would help im used to the fixed but the accurate thing is making me jump ship

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i think with the maxxis 31 , granted i just got it and need to play around with it after upgrading from the Z34, and it set around 68-70 with a DL of 29 i should def be getting over that but thanks again for for the tip!!! Just wanted reassurance im not goin wrong with Shwackers..

GO TIGERS
BEAT WAKE!

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I Love watching those tests Lol makes it a no brainer to me what head to use
I've been asked, "what are you hunting? Steel barrels?"

The obvious concept of that test is broadhead durability.
I also like the angled plywood deflection test and ballistic gel tests.
These had me sold.

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
blood runner 3 blades shoot great and expand on contact to 1.5".. I BLASTED a big ol mature buck last year and these Bloodrunners left a good 10ft wide bleed out.. DEADLY

1 - 12 of 12 Posts