Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there get sick or have problems after hunting fields sprayed with Glyphosate during spring hunts? I recently was turkey hunting in kansas and they recently sprayed, after exposure for a week or so, i am home now and experiencing respiratory problems. Just curious if anyone else has experienced this.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Are you sure it was only glyphosate? A lot of people use a combination of chemicals to "burn down" the fields prior to spring planting. Don't think glyphosate will hurt you. The other stuff? Some of it is very nasty.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
This is a nasty year for respiratory distress, even without chemicals being put down. The extreme dry conditions, smoke and burn residue from grass fires in the midwest, and typical spring release is causing havoc with a lot of folks, including myself. I'm on a dialy regiment of Rx to combat the conditions and I haven't been to the blind yet. Hope you get to feeling better.

Best of luck and good shootin'.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Round up can make you sick if you breath enough of it but it goes away pretty quick (had the wind switch directions quick while spraying from a four wheeler). Yours is probably either from allergies (you don't get exposed to near the grass/weed pollen in CO that we do on the plains, that's one reason people move there) or, and this is a slim chance, you got a heck of a dose of anhydrous ammonia (those four wheeled white tanks they were pulling behind the implement on their tractor). Anhydrous will burn your lungs and cause some respiratory stuff for a few days if you breath too much of it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts