Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know about you, but I'm sick off all the posts about Vortex optics !!! Lately it seems that Archery Talk has become a big advertising space for Vortex. I don't really see what this has to do with General Archery discussion. I'm sure there's a better place in the forum , if you must post about your binoculars. Why not go to opticstalk.com and post over there ???

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
bowhuntrrl said:
I don't know about you, but I'm sick off all the posts about Vortex optics !!! Lately it seems that Archery Talk has become a big advertising space for Vortex. I don't really see what this has to do with General Archery discussion. I'm sure there's a better place in the forum , if you must post about your binoculars. Why not go to opticstalk.com and post over there ???
This is a public forum...I say get over it and dont read them if you dont like them...:confused:

·
Premium Member
20,334 Posts
Be nice guys!:)

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
There are no more threads about them then there are about Elite, Mathews, Bowtech whatever. If you don't wan't to read it then don't open the thread.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Brown Hornet said:
There are no more threads about them then there are about Elite, Mathews, Bowtech whatever. If you don't wan't to read it then don't open the thread.

Yes, but since when is Vortex a bow manufacturer!!!! As far as another part of the forum, how about manufacturers anouncements or the video section?? Those are much more closely related than "General Archery Discussion".

·
74,535 Posts
Take a chill Pill

I really have not seen very many. But often when I good thing hits the market, folks are talking about it.

Do yourself a favor and dont click on it. :mad: I notice your not saying anything about the Elite threads we have here.

Attachments

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
bowhuntrrl said:
Yes, but since when is Vortex a bow manufacturer!!!! As far as another part of the forum, how about manufacturers anouncements or the video section?? Those are much more closely related than "General Archery Discussion".

Well don't we use BINOS in archery????? I do.

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
there are shows on TV I don't like, guess what I don't watch them........

no one is forcing you to read them...............:)

·
Registered
246 Posts
I wish they would quit posting so much about them too..... The more I read about them, the more I want a pair!!! :wink:

·
Bowhemian
8,295 Posts
It does no harm to praise a product here, as long as the commentary is objective and factual. In fact it is informative to those who might be in the market for binoculars.

Bottom line: It costs the same to read these commentaries as it does to ignore them.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Maby you would like it better if the folks posting were bashing the others insted!
all I know is I looked into them strictly because of what was posted here and purchased the best binos I found vortex vultures.
thanks to DB and others.
I will be picking up some sidewinders shortly! Its not often somthing in this industry is as good as its suposed to be so just lighten up and maby even look through a pair:wink:

·
Registered
8,627 Posts
bowhuntrrl said:
I would say a good pair of bino's is as important as any accessory not on your bow. The way I look at it, if someone has tried them and want to post,more power to them. No one has you tied up at your computer making you open each and everyone of the Vortex post to them. Maybe you should buy a pair and enjoy what everyone else is "SEEING". This forum is to be informative and I feel that is what is happening by the post, may they be good or bad. Like everyone has said,"If you don't want to read about them,don't open it up."

·
washed up wannabe
12,235 Posts
They are a sponsor. At least they ponied up their advertising money to help keep the forum online for you (that doesn't pay a dime).

Elite-sponsor
Bowtech-sponsor
Winners Choice-sponsor
Ross-sponsor
Crackers-sponsor....

...all of these guys get TONS of free press on AT for their products and they should..

We also have a BUNCH of freeloaders that use AT heavily to advertise their products and don't pay a dime.

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
bowhuntrrl said:
:cry:

·
Banned
910 Posts
thats the way it is in here , I've noticed. Archers helping Archers turning into info-mercials.
From what i understand about most sponsorship, some of these manufacturers get quite a bargain. The kind of bargain west Texas hunters have to go south of the border after sundown to get.
Makes you want to start a Helix practicality vs. Winners Choice bells and whistles thread just for grins.

·
has been that never was
14,362 Posts
bowhuntrrl said:

Just lots of sponsored people touting the company line.. Nothing wrong with that.. That's one of the things that's fun about AT. :becky: :wink: :zip: :bolt:

Personally I've never looked through a set of Vortex binos. I hope to get a chance to look through some next weekend if DB will let me gawk at his..

·
Registered
945 Posts
Don't mean to pile on, but I wasn't even aware of this company before reading YOUR thread. Thanks, I have a hunting friend in need of a new pair of binos. Think I'll check 'em out ....:darkbeer:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts