Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone on here had custom side plates made for their Impact.?? Yeti looks interesting, I emailed him but haven't heard anything bac. ..Haven't seen rattler's name mentioned in a while. please let me know if you know of anyone..thanks b.b.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I have a set coming from Rattler for my Defy. He seems very busy with work right now, but he has gotten back to me every time I have contacted him. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
6,929 Posts
Rattler made a set for Quickcat that look and feel great.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Rattler is a great person also. I have talked with him a bunch of times on here. The only reason I never ordered plates is because I preferred the bare riser over anything. Otherwise I would have ordered plates from him ASAP. His work is very very nice. :thumbs_up:thumbs_up

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I would like to get a set for my new defy...I love saying that, my new defy! im so excited to have a prime FINALLY!!! I love the side plates on my hoyts...but hate the rubber 'look' on the prime and hoyt 360 grips. I dont like the look of a bow with nothing on it...unless it is machined to be bare, like a lot of the target bows.

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
Here is mine by rattler he also made me a piece for where the impact decal was.

image.jpg image.jpg

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
it did not match my black/blue bow :)

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
has anyone on here had custom side plates made for their Impact.?? Yeti looks interesting, I emailed him but haven't heard anything bac. ..Haven't seen rattler's name mentioned in a while. please let me know if you know of anyone..thanks b.b.
Get your stock plates dip.Had these done in one day.

uploadfromtaptalk1387116573210.jpg

·
Registered
351 Posts
Waiting patiently (anxiously) on my set from Rattler. :thumbs_up

·
Registered
24,079 Posts
I had Rattler make up a set for one of my Centroids this summer in a very cool orange marbled material and liked Centroid Orange.jpg them so much that I got a set for my hunting Centroid in Dymondwood. The limbs of my hunting bow are Kolorfusioned in AP black and I have to say that it looks AWESOME........as well as being deadly accurate. I communicated with Yeti when I traded for an Impact this spring and he was going to use my sideplates as a template, but never got back in touch with me and I ended up trading the bow to a friend we all know......:wink:

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Early last year I set out to make some G10 side plates for my 2013 Impact but I sort of gave up on it for a while. I decided to revisit them today during this snow storm. It looks like I'm going to continue to take a little more off. Just thought it would be cool to throw up a few pics....... Nothing else going on tonight.
photo2.JPG <<< from early last year. photo.JPG <<<some rework done tonight. I figured out how to shine them up more also. G10 isn't as glossy and smooth as some other material but it has a tactical character to it. I have a little bit of a different style than most side plates going on ??????? just trying to get a little more "X" pattern between the black and blue. I'm no expert but I hope you all enjoy the post.

·
<------Reese
Reckoning, GEN7X, Fast Eddie XL, Easton 6.5 Matrix, DCA IconX 625
15,576 Posts

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
Are those the Striker style plates? If so, does the screw stick out at all?

I just ordered a set for my Centroid and opted for the double-sided tape due to concerns the screw might stick out.
screw does not stick out at all.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts