Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was playing with less weight and shorter front stab and adding a small side stab. This then affect my left to right by a few inches. Does that sound right? I am holding level and not peeking or tourqing, any ideas. Aside from finding what feels right and leaving it?

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
It can in some cases but, not always affect POI

·
Registered
262 Posts
I tried this just last week with the same results... Please let me know if the POI (Point of Impact) changes with additional sidebar weight.. Very Interesting. Another thing that I was interested in was why does everybody talk about the stiffness of the stabelizer...

·
Registered
22,697 Posts
The stiffer rods, help to fight the forces that are released when you shoot an arrow. Also, they allow you to hang a lot of weight off of them with no flexing.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I could see it changing point of impact if itis causing you to torque, ot not toque where it was before. Could also be that you shortened you front stab, so the bow is reacting differently during/after the shot.

·
Registered
15,104 Posts
I could see it changing point of impact if itis causing you to torque, ot not toque where it was before. Could also be that you shortened you front stab, so the bow is reacting differently during/after the shot.
I'd agree with that, bow reaction. I've had some that wouldn't paper tune for squat, take the side stab off and it'd be perfect.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bow still balances good with or w/o side stab. With less length and weight out front I get a little more rock back after the shot, and compounded with inceased weight on left side I ca see POI farther left with a slight after shot torqe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts