Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm newer to archery and just the other day I picked up a bow with a side bar at my local shop and I noticed that the bow felt dead in my hand. Absolutely no movement.

To bad I didn't shoot it do they stay as dead in the hand at full draw. And does anyone hunt with these?

·
USMC 04/2005-05/2013
3,603 Posts
Define dead in the hand? That term is normally used after the shot for vibration. Stabilizers are for minimizing float on target. They don't always make the bow sit perfectly flat level. Lots are using them to hunt, becoming more and more common.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
I hunted last year with 10" front bar and a 6" on the side and this year I switching to a 10" front bar and a 8" on the side. I love the way it makes the bow feel and hold on target. Once you shoot a perfectly balanced bow you will set all your bows up this way

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
By dead I just meant perfectly balanced, sorry still pretty green in this field. But I just noticed with only a 1oz weight on my 8"beestinger the my bow liked to nose dive after release just curious if the side bar will counter act this?

·
USMC 04/2005-05/2013
3,603 Posts
Yes, side bar will counteract it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks sounds like I'll be buying myself an early Christmas present. I just don't want to be tooting a tank into The woods as where I hunt is about a 3 mile hike. But they say beauty is pain.

But Iowa what type of bow are you shooting and what type of stab and sidebar are you rocking?

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Thanks sounds like I'll be buying myself an early Christmas present. I just don't want to be tooting a tank into The woods as where I hunt is about a 3 mile hike. But they say beauty is pain.

But Iowa what type of bow are you shooting and what type of stab and sidebar are you rocking?
Last years was a ChillR with Dead Center "Dead Silent" stabilizers and this year is a Bear Arena34 with a Vendetta "Smoke City" kit

1 - 7 of 7 Posts