Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, it’s about time for me to get a new sight. Here’s my current setup:

Infinity edge pro, set to 33lb, not sure on draw length but I’m 5’3” so it isn’t huge. Fuse pro fire 3 pin sight, 5/16” g5 meta pro peep.

I’m currently in a league shooting 40-50-60. 40 pin is in the top third of my sight housing. 60 is virtually at the bottom. and in order to have my pins work for that I had to drop pay anchor point almost 2”. The way I’m set now, to hit a 20 yard bullseye, the top of my scope housing has to be in the bottom black of an indoor FITA target (the 3 point ring).

Any ideas on how I could upgrade to a sight that would give me 10-60 yard coverage? I’m planning on upping my draw weight a bit but I’m doubtful I’ll ever get much higher than 40lb.

I’m also not sure I like the idea of a moving single pin sight...too complicated for hunting in my opinion. I’m comfortable counting pins.

·
Registered
11,868 Posts
Mbg makes the brightest pins and a excellent site, axcel would be my pic for target. The multi use you can use the mbg. I have a cbe also and it’s a good sight. I shoot single pins and have no problems. Speed wise for your setup if you can decrease arrow weight that may help. Lighter will have effects of wind drift so it’s a trade off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
882 Posts
Montana black gold or spot hogg both have good brightness levels on their pins. I would say try some out to see what works best for you and your setup if your able to. Also depends on how much you are looking to spend.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not concerned about pin brightness, although I agree, MBG has exceptional fiber optics.

My concern is that I can't fit the range that I want to shoot (10 - 60 yards) into my current sight. I just don't know what my options are for fixing that.

·
Shootin and Cussin
24,103 Posts
I'm not concerned about pin brightness, although I agree, MBG has exceptional fiber optics.

My concern is that I can't fit the range that I want to shoot (10 - 60 yards) into my current sight. I just don't know what my options are for fixing that.
Look at the Axcel Vision. It has a full 2" sight ring. You could special order it as a 3 pin or go with a 4 pin as a stock sight.

Also, what arrows are you shooting and what do they weigh?

I assume you are shooting some kind of Hunter class?

·
Registered
14,589 Posts
Look into ordering a 7 pin spot hogg grinder micro with only 5 pins. It has a larger housing that should give you enough room to get out to 60 yards. Also get a sight that is shorter in overall length. The farther your sight sticks out the bigger your pin gap is. The grinder comes with fully micro adjustable pins and the level is pre squared at the factory to the wire and housing in both 2nd and 3rd axis. One step up would be the hunter which has the 2nd and 3rd axis so you can square the sight up perfect to your bow.

·
Registered
872 Posts
I really think you should consider a single pin. For a multipin you will need a 2" housing. Black Gold has a big dog housing that might give you enough room for your pins. Also as was already mentioned keep the sight housing in close to the bow riser.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Look at either the Axcel AccuHunter or Axcel AccuTouch. You can choose which scope you like but one of these will be your best option for max distance.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I recently bought a CBE Tek Hybrid Pro 3 pin and it dramatically increased my accuracy and range. I can use a smaller peep, and use it as a regular 3 pin for hunting. But if I want to use my slider I can dial in exact yardage. It also increased my range from 60 yards to 100 without changing my anchor point. As others previously stated, you should move your right housing closer to your bow. A tek hybrid pro will allow infinite adjustment in that department. Literally the last sight you'll ever need. I found one on Ebay for around 250.00 but it was worth every penny.

·
Registered
19,003 Posts
Look at the HHA sights.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts