Archery Talk Forum banner

Sight Bars

679 Views 10 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  pacnate
Can some of the Shibuya and Cartel sight bars be used for 3D with a scope? I've noticed some of them say "made for a recurve", just didn't know if they were all regulated to a recurve? Will they hold up? I just noticed they are somewhat cheaper at LAS.....
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· <---(.)(.)---<<<
2,339 Posts
I believe one major difference is the thread size for the scope rod. Compound is 10-32 and recurve is 8-32.
I don't think the recurve ones are build as sturdy because they don't have as much vibration

· Registered
113 Posts
Look for 10-32 mounts when you are shopping. I use a cartel midas hunter sight bar with a scope on my bow. Although when I get my next sight bar it will probably be a sureloc so I can get 3rd axis adjustment and move this to current one to my recurve.

· Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are the Cartel sights made with good quality for compounds? I've noticed they do make a compound sight and it's significantly cheaper than most of the others....Would i just be wasting my $$$ or should I try it?

· (aka lug nut)
54,875 Posts
Are the Cartel sights made with good quality for compounds? I've noticed they do make a compound sight and it's significantly cheaper than most of the others....Would i just be wasting my $$$ or should I try it?
I don't recommend it.

I just purchased one of their carbon sight extension recurve sights.
LOTS of slop in the sight mount. I am using triple aluminum soda can shims between the mount and the carbon extension rod (that's about 0.006).

Lock down knob got loose and the sight extension arm dipped down, so my point of impact moved.

Only paid $50 for the recurve target sight.
A top of the line recurve target sight is about $300+.

So,
you get what you pay for.

· Registered
225 Posts
I have a Shibuya for compound and love it. Lower profile than others and very tight tolerances. No loose parts, no buzz, -very tight sight.
The difference between the compound and recurve Shibuyas is the scope mount attachment, I believe. The main bar portion is the same.

· Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anybody else got any input? I've noticed there is a 10/32 which seems to be for compound, and an 8/32 that seems to be for recurves. What is everyone's suggestions? Trying to not break the bank! LOL

· Registered
113 Posts
Don't get the sights made with plastics...

Cartel "higher" end stuff is made with AL. Check out them at Lancaster archery's website. You are looking at 120-150 for just the sight bar.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.