Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I'm looking at getting a new sight. Currently I'm looking at the hha kingpin, axcel accutouch pro carbon plus, and the spott-hogg hogg father. They all have they're pro and cons in my eyes and research and are all somewhat similar in mechanical function. I'm looking to use the sight for hunting and target shooting. Any advice or information that may help this decision is greatly appreciated.

· Registered
22,932 Posts
HHA Kingpin hands down.

· Registered
5,350 Posts
Axcel and I have on them all. With the Axcel you have the Accu clicks which are worth their weight in gold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You already know the answer, all personal choice.
For me it is HHA.
Yes the personal choice is the true absolute. Unfortunately it's virtually impossible to test them prior to. I have read that the HHA seem to be "not sturdy." As i believe that they didn't get the reputation they have by that being a true statement, do you believe them to be well manufactured?

· Registered
2,826 Posts
Yes the personal choice is the true absolute. Unfortunately it's virtually impossible to test them prior to. I have read that the HHA seem to be "not sturdy." As i believe that they didn't get the reputation they have by that being a true statement, do you believe them to be well manufactured?
HHA are well built sights. They're very sturdy, from my experience.

I prefer CBE now.

· Registered
5,350 Posts
I have heard that the axcel pins are not that bright. Does this seem to be an accurate assessment for you or not?
The new Axcel sites are shipping with a brighter pin and a rheostat just like the HHA.

· Registered
5,350 Posts
HHA are well built sights. They're very sturdy, from my experience.

I prefer CBE now.
The HHA is sturdy it will just rust to pieces. I was told they fixed that issue but I had one and it started rusting so I got rid of it

· Registered
55,421 Posts
I heard the Brooklyn bridge is for sale every other week LMAO.
HHA is a top flight well build sight. They also have a lifetime warranty, best CS in the business. Been using and selling them for years, excellent company and product.
Someone said they had a problem with rust, that is negeclt.

· Lift, Run, Shoot
15,063 Posts
I've own sights from all of the top brands and like Axcel the best. They have the best functionality and the axis adjustments are by far the best on the market imo. The only, and I mean only, issue with them at all was pin brightness but the new scopes with the reostat fixed that issue. Love them - actually own 2 of them (one is a carbon pro and one is fixed mount) which is a lot of coin but they are worth it.

· Registered
3,166 Posts
I've had a variance of all three brands. All of them are really great sights. Running a fast Eddie XL right now. I think:
spot hogg sights are hands down the most robust with very bright (almost too bright) pins
Axcel has the best adjustments and dimmest pins, plus they just seem more fragile than the others.
HHA has the brightest pins (too bright IMO, you get a halo effect) plenty robust
MBG has the best pin technology on the market with the photochromatic hood (never have pin halo, it's like automatic rheostat). They are very robust as well and very affordable when compared to the others.

My conclusion:
on a once on lifetime sheep hunt, I'd have the hogg because it's going to be the last sight to fail.
3D I'd have an Axcel
Hunting in a blind (spring turkey) I have an HHA because it is stupid bright.
Anything other hunting, Montana black gold is the best hunting sight you can buy. I'll have an MBG ascent on a six inch dovetail for next fall.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.