Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Folks. This is my first post on these forums. I have been away from archery for 12 years or so. The differences in equipment since I last partook is stagering. I shoot an old Pearson Hunter Classic. This bow has a 48 Inch length axle to axle. ans slightly recurved limbs. It was a good bow in its day and I plan to use it for the present.

However, as I have aged, so have my eyes and I believe I would benefit from a fiber optic sight. After doing a search on this forum, I see that Spot Hogg sights are well respected. Because ruggedness has always been a priority of mine, I am leaning toward a Spot Hogg for my bow.

Can anyone tell me the difference between the Right On, Real Deal, and for that matter the Bare Bones? It appears the Real Deal may be more convenient to adjust than the other two sights. Other that the level and the wire, are there any other significant differences?

Is there any reason to spend the extr money on the Real Deal over the Right On?

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hey Willie,Some of these other guys can probably give you better advice than me on this one,but if it's for hunting only I wouldn't spend the extra bucks between the 2.I think the basic difference between them is the "right-on" attaches solid to your bow and the "real-deal" mounts with a dovetail.I personally would prefer the "right-on" for hunting. JMO

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Willieboy

You been gone to long.... WELCOME back. That's a good choice in sights, I can see you have done some home work. Hunting sights... I think you would like the Right On just fine?? The Right On & Real Deal are the same sight, the Real Deal has Micro adjust, both have the built in level, and both will take the lens if wanted? The Bare Bones is a little harder to adjust, I think you will have to remove allen screws to adjust. You need to think about the pin size .019----.029 My old eyes like the bigger .029 pins, more pin to SEE;) .
Also the housing size, I like the 2 inch housing. I think they say over 260 FPS use 2" if lower than 260 FPS use the 2 3/8" housing.
I'm posting the link to Spott Hogg web site, some good reading there, check out the sights and be sure and read the News Letters, lots of good info in them. I type with one finger WillieBoy, so got to quit for now and rest it up:rolleyes: Hope this helps a little, and again..... WElCOME back. You have already found the best place for help. WR

HE, He I almost forgot after all that typing, http://www.spot-hogg.com/

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your help guys. I decided to take your advice and ordered the Right On sight. My eyes are not what they once were either so I order the .029 pins.
While I was at it I also ordered a new bow to go with it. I ordered a Martin Prowler in 60#. Am I a nut or what?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts