Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I shoot fingers and have not been doing it for very long. I noticed that if I check how I am releasing the shot ( thought process ) I drift off of my spot which if I do not get it back on before I release I am out of the 5 ring and my score suffers. Is this a stance problem or do I just need to trust my release and blind bale it more till I get it down pat. There does not seam to be much of a pattern as to which way I tend to drift. thx

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
To add perspective I am averaging in the mid 280's and my personal best is 290

·
Registered
8,685 Posts
Hi, I shoot fingers and have not been doing it for very long. I noticed that if I check how I am releasing the shot ( thought process ) I drift off of my spot which if I do not get it back on before I release I am out of the 5 ring and my score suffers. Is this a stance problem or do I just need to trust my release and blind bale it more till I get it down pat. There does not seam to be much of a pattern as to which way I tend to drift. thx
I shoot a compound, I catch myself inducing torque into the bow during my pull back sequence. This induce torque makes the sight drift/jump off of center when the arrow is releasing. Causes fliers and for a long time I didn't realize I was doing this. I find I overdo the push on the bow when pulling back during my shot sequence.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts