Archery Talk Forum banner

Sight Extension

754 Views 6 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Archeroni
Does anyone know if there is a universal sight extension mounting bracket made. I'm looking for something that would get my sight out a little past the riser. I have clearance issues.
Thanks
EZ
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4,599 Posts
There was one guy on here a while back that was selling a cnc machined sight extension that would adapt any sight, even a hunting sight. It looked nice I cant remeber his screen name tho. Maybe someone on here remembers.

· Registered
223 Posts
universal sight block extension

why not have a block made to fit on the end of any extension bar to accept a standard archery sight.
instead of the sight block.this could turn any extension into a universal mount. all you have to do is to get a bar and mount for the bow.
any opinions/ thoughts?

· Registered
2,082 Posts
I don't know of anyone offhand that makes something like this... sorry.

But if looks aren't that important most anyone with a bit of time and sweat could make an exentsion block easily enough. Get some flat stock of adequate thickness, drill and tap some holes (one set to mount the plate to your bow in the sight holes, a second set to mount your sight to) and shazam you've got an extension.

· Banned
1,400 Posts
any info on that extender? such as lengths available,price and where to purchase it?
thanks
I got it out of the "used parts" pile at a local shop a couple years ago. He said he got it as a free sample from a rep he hadn't seen in a while.

I googled and couldn't find "JB Archery Products".

I used it for awhile on a bow with a small diameter peep and it worked fine.

Don't have it in front of me at the moment but I'd guess it is maybe 8" long.

I'd sell it for $12 TYD. PM me if interested and I'll take the exact measurements.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.