Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to see opinions on the best sight housing light. I'm currently using the light from a trophy ridge that I've swapped over to my axcel armortech, but it is going bye-bye as I'm selling the trophy ridge. I've heard that G5 makes a good light, rheostat with 10 brightness settings. Looking for one under $30, what are 'yall using? Much appreciated!

·
Bonehunter
8,846 Posts
The G5 is nice on some sights, but I've broke 3 without even trying :(

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, G5 is out. Who makes a good one?

·
NOCK ON!!!
2,886 Posts
I have a G5 sight light on my Spot Hogg!! Love it!! Bwana? How did you break 3 of them? I've had mine for 2 years and no problems. Hunting hard too!!

·
Bonehunter
8,846 Posts
All three times, carefully pulling my bow up into the stand. All 3 times, caught on a little twig, popped the top knob off. Light still worked, but no knob to adjust or turn off.

I'm very carefull with my equipment, All treated like babies :) 2 of the times were out of state, so ya know I wasn't beating my equipment....no shop around for miles :)

·
NOCK ON!!!
2,886 Posts
I here ya on this!! Sometimes a guy can't be careful enough, especially pulling a bow up to the stand. Guessing I've been pretty lucky with mine so far. I still say the G5 is a great sight light and recommend it to anyone!!

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Forget the G5 , I have it on my Armortech and on the highest setting it barely makes the pins any brighter. And it has new batteries in it.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So you've burned through 3 of em, what are you using now? Anyone know anything about sword's light?

·
Bonehunter
8,846 Posts
It is a great light, with lots of options on brightness...great color too. G5's Customer service was fantastic, replaced all lights no questions(told me it had happened before)...I just worry everytime I use it :)

·
Bonehunter
8,846 Posts
So you've burned through 3 of em, what are you using now? Anyone know anything about sword's light?
Depends on which bow...but G5 :), CBE & HHA lites.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Whatever I decide on, I'd like it to be a 3 setting like the sword light. I've used the copper john light but I didn't like the fact that the dial didn't have different brightness settings. Figured it could potentially vibrate and turn off or dim while shooting.

·
Bonehunter
8,846 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cool, looks like the cbe's use a smaller diameter threaded section. Oh well, the search continues....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts