Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd get fancy with a light on my Copper John. The other night on a property I hunt purely for population control, as requested by the owner, I had a couple doe under me just at dusk. I turned on the light and could only see a huge green glow!!! Seemed like a good idea, but I guess it was just too dark to shoot anyhow. I've used it in the yard and it helped and did not seem too bright.

Us old guys need an edge, but when it's dark, we ought not shoot--light or no light.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
The CJ and stock SH lights aren't the best solution. The stock SWORD lights are pretty cool, though.

You may want to go to the Fitz fiber websight and see if they have anything to help you out.

·
Registered
360 Posts
tape

take some black electrical tape and cover the lens of the light. then poke a hole with a sewing pin or other very small item that will produce a tiny hole. At this point, it should cover the light and allow only enough light to get to the pins to illuminate them. This will eliminate the pin halo you had that afternoon. You will be able to see the deer and the pin will tip will just glow. You may need to adjust the hole size to get it correct. Practice in a room with little or no light to see if you can turn it on and still see the target. This also helps if you hunt in dark blinds or tents.

Good luck

Patrick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts