Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, got my rig set up (somewhat). Now on to tuning. First, I need to know what my sight picture should look like. I believe that you start by lineing up the string and arrow? Do you put the tip of the arrow on target? I shot the wall doing that. Maybe my setup isn't quite right yet? How do ya'll aim? Thanks

· Registered
16 Posts
Blkice,

Raise your arm and point at an object. I will guarantee your brain has no problem figuring out where it should be pointed. When you aim an arrow you focus on the smallest point you can conceive at the impact point and through your peripheral vision your brain will calculate where the arrow tip need to point. With lots of practice, your brain will re-program itself for distance and elevation. But remember that is just part of the equation. Conditioning (Archery), form and arrow spline and length all will have to be addressed.

· Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Ok, heres my bow:

Archery Wire Diode

Its a Shakespear Wonderbow, Cascade Model X-29. Originally it had a 45" string, I changed that to a 47". 271/2 draw at 45# on the scale. The nock point is string, and it's 1/2" above paralell. It has a brace height of 73/4". I have Beaver Balls string silencers on it. The arrows are Black and Tan (some I had laying around), 281/2", 100gr field points, 3" feathers and wraps = 414gr arrow.

Whats good, bad, do I need to change or try. At ten yards, I can hit a 6" group, and thats only shooting this bow today, about 40 arrows.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. Shot it through the chrono tonight. Hi 157fps, Low 154fps, Avg 155fps. Just in case it matters.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.