Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fairly new to archery and would like some insight on how everyone else does this. I'm talking about the movement of your pin in relation to the bullseye after you've drawn and anchored. Do you drop the pin down from the top onto the bull, come up from the bottom, in from left or right or just try and draw straight to the mark?
I actually have reasons in my mind why each would work best but can't nail down a good reason to pick one and focus on it.
What are y'alls thoughts?

·
(aka lug nut)
49,698 Posts
Fairly new to archery and would like some insight on how everyone else does this. I'm talking about the movement of your pin in relation to the bullseye after you've drawn and anchored. Do you drop the pin down from the top onto the bull, come up from the bottom, in from left or right or just try and draw straight to the mark?
I actually have reasons in my mind why each would work best but can't nail down a good reason to pick one and focus on it.
What are y'alls thoughts?
No wasted motion.
Raise bow arm to final bow arm height.
Block your view of entire target with the entire sight.

Now...pull back bowstring and arrow to full draw and anchor.
Decide if you want to take the shot.
Execute your shot process.

Be efficient.
MINIMUM steps to get to full draw and anchor.

Coming up to final height doesn't work long term.....leads to Target Panic.
Coming down to final height.....same issue.
Swing sideways to final alignment....same issue.

·
Registered
893 Posts
My opnion, it dosent matter what you do just do it the same everytime. Consistency and being confortable are the goal. If you can master those you will go far!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Whatever works for you but pick one and stick with it so that you do the same thing every time; you have to be consistent. I personally drop down on it and then raise up if I drop too far too fast.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all. Cowboy that's exactly what I've been doing and for the most part seem to doing okay but Nuts I'll give the Keep It Simple approach another try and see if I can make it work.

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
I generally work top down with a circular motion in the sight pin. I stare at the center of the X ring and eventually the pin is rotating inside the bull

1 - 6 of 6 Posts