Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have Toxonics .039 diameter pins, and I am thinking of going with something smaller. I have seen that Spott Hogg has pins in .010 diameter. Have any of you guys changed from .019 to .010, and if so what do you think. I have not seen any in the .010 yet, but I dont know if they are too small. I was thinking of getting Spott Hogg 7 pin sight with wrap. and maybe a lens. If you have any experience with this setup please let me know what you think

Thanks
Kyle

· Registered
96 Posts
I changed from true glo .019 pins to a sword apex 3rd plane micro "best sight for the $ imo", .010 pins and they are nice and bright for being so small. It has a 1.75" housing, with a 1/8" peep it really tightend my groups up.

· Registered
1,612 Posts
I currently have Toxonics .039 diameter pins, and I am thinking of going with something smaller. I have seen that Spott Hogg has pins in .010 diameter. Have any of you guys changed from .019 to .010, and if so what do you think. I have not seen any in the .010 yet, but I dont know if they are too small. I was thinking of getting Spott Hogg 7 pin sight with wrap. and maybe a lens. If you have any experience with this setup please let me know what you think

Thanks
Kyle
I shoot .010 and really like them a lot...I had to send my Hogg It in to Spot Hogg and have them installed...The sight started as a .019 and at that time SH didnt offer the .010 without sending them in...

I think its easier to see the target behind the pin past 30 yards with a .010, but it can be a bit of a bugger to see the pins in poor lighting while hunting...For 3D there the best fibers too shoot being you can use a light on your sight

I have a lens set 2X, 4X, 6X for 3D, but never use them...I prefer no magnification, but thats my opinion, when I do use the lenses they work very well, its just my eyes focus better without them...

· Registered
38 Posts
I started out with a wraped spot-hogg five pin sight in .29 and had a hard time with the size of pins blocking out the target at longer ranges for practice and 3D shoots but i like a bigger .29 for hunting and close range. So I contacted spot-hogg and for around $15 they customized the sight the way I wanted. Now I have a .29 for 20yds, 2 .19s for 30, and 40yds. and 2
.10s for my 50 and 60yd pins. The guy I talked with on the phone was super helpful and they also arranged the colors of the pins however I wanted. I couldn't be happier with the work they did for me! :smile:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.