Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I see a few out there from .029, .019 and .010. What would be the best for a 3D bow. I wouldn't think the smallest would but of the two larger?

Just starting to do some research on a new sight for a 3D specific bow. Any opinions on sights would be fin too. I was thinking about a Spot Hogg or Toxonics.

Thanks.

· Registered
78 Posts
I just got a sword sight with .10 pins. The pins are small, but with practice i think i will like them alot. For 3D i would give them a try, in bright conditions the sights may be a little difficult to see but it definatly makes the 40+ yard shots a lot nicer vs. the larger pins.

· Registered
47,636 Posts
I'm using a CJ Deadnuts Pro that's a few years old, which I modified with longer fibers and use 4 .019" pins in. Got out to 65 yards with it today and remembered why I haven't replaced it yet. :D That sucker just works really nice for me.

I've been looking at sights lately, though, and believe my next pin sight will be a SureLoc Lethal Weapon. It just has all the features I'm looking for and it looks like another one I can use for years. Some of the Swords are tempting, too, especially with their prices.

· Registered
480 Posts
i do not shoot 3d competitively but have shot 3d targets for fun/practice and i hav a black gold with .029 pins and i really like it, seems good out to about sixty before pins get a touch big for my liking

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.