Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out shooting today , and started shooting with field tips again (instead of my boardheads) and i had to move my sight adjustment ( the one that moves all the pins) down as far as it would go? I mean it was grouping good once i moved it , but thought it was odd i add to move it so low ? I also plan on using this sight to put on my new bow.

·
<---Ride the Lightning
2,031 Posts
Do you use a peep sight?
It could have slipped down the string.
Or if you nocking point slipped up the string it could cause the same issue.

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
Check everything over good. In addition to what was said above check:

Rest, make sure everything is tight and if it is a drop away, that it is coming up correctly.

Were you nocking your arrow the correct way, index vane in the right direction, on the string properly?

Check your cam timing

Check your personal form, were you anchoring the same, holding the bow the same ....

If it was sighted in before, you didn't change anything, it should still be very close. Did you have to adjust your sight when you switched from field points to broadheads last fall?

Mitch

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nlw that you say tha t did feel weird when looking into my peep , but like i said im plan on putting it on my CRX , nd i will ave that fully tuned so that shouldnt be a probem ,right ?

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
When you get your new bow set up, make sure it is tuned correctly and your peep is set so you have a comfortable repeatable anchor.

Mitch

1 - 6 of 6 Posts