Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering why some sights are much more expensive than other sights. For example why is a CBE, Spot Hogg, Axcel and so on $250-300 when a TruGlo that appears to be the same is $120?

·
Registered
5,033 Posts
It depends on where it's made and materials used. All aluminum, made in USA is going to cost a little more. Stainless steel bolts cost more. A good anodize finish is more expensive also, I agree with you on some aspects, look at Sword sights, well made (in Ohio, along with Viper), and they don't cost a fortune, but they are heavy. Then you get to features like micro adjust for each pin, custom pins, etc. and the price goes up. Advertising also adds to the price-a lot, depends on what you are doing if the features are worth it to you. Cheers--BB

·
Registered
402 Posts
you do get what you pay for. I have used lots of sights over the years, and now only use spot hogg, and one spot hogg has been on 3 diffrent bows. get a good sight and you will use it for years.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
When you're starting out, most any sight will work. As you improve your skills, you'll begin seeing the deficiencies in your equipment and you'll look to upgrade. When I was hunting in low light, I found out I wanted a brighter sight. When I started getting out to 80 yds, I found out I needed 2nd axis adjustment and when I started shooting up and down hill at distance, I found out I needed 3rd axis adjustment. I tried quite a few different sights and now equip my bows with Spot Hogg ITs or Tommy Hogg.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
you do get what you pay for. I have used lots of sights over the years, and now only use spot hogg, and one spot hogg has been on 3 diffrent bows. get a good sight and you will use it for years.
This.

Better quality materials and manufacturing process, and made right here in the USA. Darn near indestructible IMO. You get what you pay for and I think it is worth paying more. I have broken plenty of cheaper sights.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the insight. I know you get what you pay for but wasn't sure the differences were.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts