Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Black Gold Ascent Verdict single pin, shot it threw the chrono 289 then back to back 291. Question is how accurate are the tapes for those that have used them?

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
The tapes are just a guide line to get you close. There are too many other factors that go into making the tapes like peep to sight distance and arrow weight for them to work every time. Photo copy the closest one and then use it to mark you corrections on. This will keep you from missing the target at least and should be fairly close. When you are done, hold your corrections up to the other tapes and match them to whichever one matches your corrected marks exactly. Stick that tape on and you should be good to go. Remember to take your time when sighting in. An inch high or low at 60 will make a difference on your final tape.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The tapes are just a guide line to get you close. There are too many other factors that go into making the tapes like peep to sight distance and arrow weight for them to work every time. Photo copy the closest one and then use it to mark you corrections on. This will keep you from missing the target at least and should be fairly close. When you are done, hold your corrections up to the other tapes and match them to whichever one matches your corrected marks exactly. Stick that tape on and you should be good to go. Remember to take your time when sighting in. An inch high or low at 60 will make a difference on your final tape.
Thanks. What I did is throw on the 291 tape then sighted the 20 mark with gang adjusts. Only got to shoot at 20 and 30 but this weekend I'll put threw the paces at longer ranges to make sure this one is right and if not then pick the correct one.

·
Shootin and Cussin
24,094 Posts
For me, I'd shoot 20 and 50 and make my marks. Then pick the tape that matched them.

Or, you could buy a software package like Archers Advantage. Not only is it accurate, it's fun to play "what if" with it.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For me, I'd shoot 20 and 50 and make my marks. Then pick the tape that matched them.

Or, you could buy a software package like Archers Advantage. Not only is it accurate, it's fun to play "what if" with it.
Black Gold said to.put on the tape for my speed and test it. They said it may be perfect but I may be using 54 for 60 yards so then go pick the tape that matches up. I'll play with it and if all fails I'll either use a blank tape or an online program. Thanks for the suggestion.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Black Gold said to.put on the tape for my speed and test it. They said it may be perfect but I may be using 54 for 60 yards so then go pick the tape that matches up. I'll play with it and if all fails I'll either use a blank tape or an online program. Thanks for the suggestion.
You are on the right path. It is possible to gang adjust the twenty in and then sight the sixty and find the tape that matches those two perfectly. If both spots were sighted in exactly, then the tape would be on. Your way will work fine...and you get to shoot more arrows which is never a bad deal!!

·
Registered
183 Posts
As was said earlier, lots of variables that the mfgr. doesn't address. Their recommendation will only get you close. Use your copies to play with before you stick one of the tapes on the sight. Took me 3 tries, but I am pretty picky. After I got it - right on the money. The rest of the story is, run your arrows over a chrono to get the speed, for THAT arrow. SAVE THAT INFORMATION!! If you change arrows, or the string, or the DW, your sight tape will no longer be accurate. I've changed everything but the arrows, always get back to my "291' per second" and the sight tape is always good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts