Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because of the way I anchor, my sight pins at 20, 30, and 40 are slightly offset from each other. I need a sight that allows me to individually adjust the pins not only vertically but independantly adjust each pin horizontally -- the longer range pins extending slightly further than the 20 yd. pin.

From what I can tell from the people at the range, most of the modern sights all set the pins on the same plane horizontally. I'm using old fashioned sight right now but am finding it difficult to find the old fashioned pins anymore.

What modern sights allow both independant vertical and horizontal adjustments? OR do any of you guys have the old fashioned fiber optic pins for sale?

Thanks

·
Registered
8,685 Posts
e-manhunt said:
Because of the way I anchor, my sight pins at 20, 30, and 40 are slightly offset from each other. I need a sight that allows me to individually adjust the pins not only vertically but independantly adjust each pin horizontally -- the longer range pins extending slightly further than the 20 yd. pin.

From what I can tell from the people at the range, most of the modern sights all set the pins on the same plane horizontally. I'm using old fashioned sight right now but am finding it difficult to find the old fashioned pins anymore.

What modern sights allow both independant vertical and horizontal adjustments? OR do any of you guys have the old fashioned fiber optic pins for sale?

Thanks
A copper johns dead nuts pro has individule pin adjustments both horizontal and verticle.

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
e-manhunt said:

Thanks
Not to insult of offend you in any way, but the pins should line up. If they are not, you have a form issue, or tuning issues.

The key is your statement that the pins need to extend a little more as you increase distance.

This is a dead give-a-way that your second, and probably even your third, axis are not correct. Do a search on AT about Second axis and third axis for a complete discription. First off, a bubble (leveling device on the sight) will be necessary. You can get several versions of levels that will do this, so look at Lancasters Archery on line to see what will fit your sight.

Now, I will be out for the weekend and away from AT, so I will not be around to answer questions. But others on AT can and will help you out.

Many target sites are designed to take care of this, but even with a hunting site, you can adjust the 2nd axis with thin washers under the edge of the site mount.

For the sake of argument, hang your bow using a string around the top cam. You will see that the bow is probably not hanging quite straight (use a short level to check it out). You can either add weight to one side to get it to hang straigt, or you can adjust your sight to fit the natural cant/lean of the bow.

Now, once you have either decided to add weight or leave it alone, you need to adjust your sight with a level on it (2nd axis). Add a thin shim or washer at the bottom or top of your sight mount as needed to adjust the sight buble level. Once the sight level is showing level, than as long as the level is used for the shot, the right/left goes away on level ground. For strong up or down shots, you need to do the 3rd axis, but that is for another post.

The good news is that if you adjust the sight this way, than even if you don't look at the bubble during the shot, the bow will tend to cant to "fit" the way the sight was adjusted. You will find that your pins now will line up vertically.

And if you don't want to mess with this right now, well the "copper johns dead nuts pro" may be the way to go. I have not shot this sight so I don't know.

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
The only sight I know that does this is the Spot Hogg. The pins move vertical and horizontal individually.....HOWEVER...you definitely need to fix your centershot or form so that your pins do line up. What makes you think it is the way you anchor. Your anchor points should be consistent whether you are shooting 2 yards or 80 yards.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts