Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a new sight and was wondering if sight ring color matters for hunting. I wanted to go with a red sight ring to match bow and accessories.Will red be a issue at dawn or dusk when hunting.

·
Registered
6,792 Posts
You should be good. I use florescent red blazer wraps on my arrows and they are the brightest I have ever seen at dark.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess I should have worded my question different.Will looking thru a peep sight be hard to see red sight ring when hunting at first or last light??

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
At first and last light the red MBG ring would be my last choice. I have both flo orange and their standard flo green. At dark the green excels. In bright day light conditions the flo orange excels.

·
Registered
8,970 Posts
I would get white or green. My red pin on my sight is the first to disappear at last light.

·
Registered
6,983 Posts
I was thinking about that also when I got mine. I went with green. You can change them out and think they aren't expensive.

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
I have the Red on my MBG and hated it. Got a Flo Green one and it is so much better for those low light periods.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
THwack--CRASH
11,173 Posts
I use the florescent yellow and it shows up real good/ with bright green pin.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Per physics green should be more visible in dawn/dusk / low light settings. I once saw a great time lapse of a rose bush, at dawn leaves stood out, during the day the red blooms and again leaves as it got dark....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a red ring and love it. My last one was yellow and the red stands out much more. I tried green and it was bright, but my pin is green and I felt it blurred it for me. The red offered a better contrast.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have a red one on my turbo and have no problems.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
imo, florescent green shows up best in low light conditions, but colors to the eye are different to everyone, my eyes don't see red colors very well at all

Try different ones to find out what works best for YOU. It doesn't matter squat what colors work well for someone else!

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
Your yellow,orange and green as a color will take more light in. Your red, purple and blues will absorb less light. My choice would be orange, I feel like the orange would give the best results across all of the shooting hours

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
I just ordered a new sight and was wondering if sight ring color matters for hunting. I wanted to go with a red sight ring to match bow and accessories.Will red be a issue at dawn or dusk when hunting.
I have tried all those colors on the BG sights. White is by far the brightest in low light.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Indoors, the red sight ring and the red liquid in the bubble disappear first, and FAST! My first choice is white, second is LIGHT flouro green.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts