Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, this may sound like a stupid question but i have just got a scope and a sureloc challenger and was just wondering where to stick on the sight tape i made for it. do i just put it at the top of the scale on the sight? thanks

· Registered
1,878 Posts
until you get used to making a tape off of a program, the best way is to stick a blank white tape to the rail under the pointer, then just shoot each yardage in until you are confident it is correct,---for field 10--80 marked with 10s and 5s is adquate.

If you mark them with a no 3 pencil you can make changes as you might make changes in your shooting, and it won't smear too badly.

in the end it's best to shoot your scale in, that way you know everything is right for your shooting.

Every shot is about being confident in that mark, so take your time and be sure about your yardage marks.

· Registered
6,681 Posts
Stick on the side opposite the scale. Your sight should have 2 pointers, one on the scale side and one on the opposite side with no markings. That's where the sight tape goes. First adjust your sight until you're hitting dead on at 20yd or 30yd. Then stick the sight tape on the sight getting the 30yd mark as close to the indicator pin as possible. Doesn't have to be exact but doesn't hurt to get it as close as possible, even dead on. If not dead on after you stick the sight tape on re-sight the 20yd or 30yd and then re-adjust the pointer so it is on the 20yd or 30yd mark on the sight tape. There should be a hex screw holding the pin in place, just loosen, move until it points at whatever the distance is you're sighting in at, re-tighten and then voila, done. :)

>>------>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.