Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought some of those already made sight tapes from Lancasters and they work pretty good for a bow that is fast enough for them but I have lowered my poundage to around 50# and none of the premade tape marks will work for me. It seems that I am going to have to get someone with one of those archery programs that prints your sight tapes for you after you have input a bunch of measurements and stuff. Does anyone have any experience with any of them and which ones seem to work the best or easiest. Who makes the different sight tape programs and do any of them offer a free trial.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Even though I'm a certified computer geek, I mark my HHA with a colored pencil. LOL.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I purchased "The Archery Program" from Tony Virnoche. He is usually on this site. It works extremely well and has many other useful features. Particularly the calculator for determining the proper arrow. The program is available online or on CD.

·
Occam's Razor
8,327 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
I also had been holding out and still using marks since I had a CopperJohn sight and the Archeradvantage program did'nt have that sights' adjustments to figure in. The sight tapes for my speed did'nt work for me (284 with 2512s). They recently came up with a download for these sights. I bought the program and downloaded the update. After plugging in the info for my bow and arrow steup I printed out a tape and put it on the sight. Shot at 20yrds and set indicator. I then went back to 50yrds without seeing how I would hit at 30 or 40. Set sight indicator on 50yrd mark and shot, bullseye!! This is going to save me alot of time sighting in after making any ajustments to my equipment. :D :cool: :D

·
Registered
144 Posts
bowace,

go to Google and search this "A sight calibration chart can be used to make setting your sight distances much quicker.
Only two known distance settings are required, usually 20 and 60 metres. These two settings can be used to obtain all the other distance settings by using the calibration chart"

·
Registered
969 Posts
Sight in at 20, 40, and 60 the best you can and then keep printing different speed sight tapes untill all the lines match.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tried the google thing and wasn't able to decipher anything out of it. When you say put in the different yardages 20 30 40 50 etc. how do you do that and what program do you do it on.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Take the closest tape that you have and visit the Xerox machine. Make a bounch of copies adding +/- zoom untill you get what you need. I usually take a caliper or a set of dividers set to the 20 and 60 gap measurement I need to the xerox machine with me so I know when I can stop putting nickels in.

If you not going to spend the $$ for the programs, this is the next best solution.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Make a mark for 20, 40 , and 60. Then transfer those marks to a piece of paper.(all your looking for is the spacing between the lines) Then use any of the programs and print out closest match. If the lines don't line up then you must have the wrong speed so increase or decrease speeds by one or 2 fps untill the 20, 40, and 60 line up with the lines on the paper that you sighted in with.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts