Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m trying to determine the correct sight tape for my HHA king pin optimizer. Problem is from 20 yards I seem to hit the quarter sized dot on my yellow jacket from three different numbers. Really hard to tell which is center. How do you determine???

·
Registered
19,052 Posts
Use middle #, it will be the longer distance that will make the difference. Make sure the long mark is accurate.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Practice from farther back. sight in your pin at 40 yds, make a mark on ablank piece of tape at your pointer. Then step back to 60 yards and adjust your slider until you hit good, make a second mark. hold up various tapes until you find one that matches your 40 and 60 marks. Greater distances will make the change in tapes more evident. When i went back to shoot at 80 yards, i changed the tape again slightly.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the optimizer lite and it takes math but with the kingpin you just go back to 60 or 40 at nearest then line up or something...I was watching a video from HHA the other day and it said as long as it is within a paper plate it is fine...out of experience from 20 yards nothing much changes from 5 - 20 yards the issues come from beyond 20 yards. So for sure go further out but take note of the 20 yard mark.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Practice from farther back. sight in your pin at 40 yds, make a mark on ablank piece of tape at your pointer. Then step back to 60 yards and adjust your slider until you hit good, make a second mark. hold up various tapes until you find one that matches your 40 and 60 marks. Greater distances will make the change in tapes more evident. When i went back to shoot at 80 yards, i changed the tape again slightly.

Or you just could mark up your own piece of white tape and leave it on there.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wasn’t thinking. I have spare sight in tapes. I’ll write down the numbers then compare. I’ll shoot at 20-40-60 and maybe even 80

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
i dont use 20 to set my tape
use 30 yards it give a better base, and 80 yards
i find that much more accurate than 20 60 if you can shoot 80 well
if not i would still do 30 60 for my tape

if 30 60 is right my 20 is 100% on..

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Supposed to subtract your 20 yard number from your sight in tape from your 60 yard number. That tells you which tape you need. If you use 30 what math would you use???

1 - 11 of 11 Posts