Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have always used multiple fixed-pin sights. I am curious how you all that use single-adjustable yardage pins (wheels) believe they compare to fixed pins. Do you find yourself changing your yardage markings often? In particular:

• Are you changing the yardage markings between target tips vs. broadheads?
  • Changing yardage markings with draw weight fluctuations?
  • Changing yardage markets with any bow tuning?
  • etc?

Do you even find it a hassel to change the yardage markings? Input is appreciated. Cheers.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
The answer would be yes to all whether you were shooting a set of fixed pins or a movable sight.

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
I have always used multiple fixed-pin sights. I am curious how you all that use single-adjustable yardage pins (wheels) believe they compare to fixed pins. Do you find yourself changing your yardage markings often? In particular:

• Are you changing the yardage markings between target tips vs. broadheads?
  • Changing yardage markings with draw weight fluctuations?
  • Changing yardage markets with any bow tuning?
  • etc?

Do you even find it a hassel to change the yardage markings? Input is appreciated. Cheers.

I have both, one bow has fixed pins, one has an adjustable single pin.

For the adjustable pin;
I don't have to constantly move the yardage settings between FP's and BH's.

I keep the bow in tune, so don't have to adjust then either.

If I change the bows poundage, I have to adjust, but I would have to with fixed pins too.

Now that I've had both for awhile, I prefer the fixed pins.

Kev
<><

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
True....but the amount of effect involved for adjust or creating new tape for yardage measurements is vastly greater than a micro adjustment on fixed pins.

·
eyes and arrows
3,682 Posts
you dont have to make a new tape every single time. All they do is make the tape cleaner looking. I agree all of the sights out there require re-sighting with changes in DL, DW, Arrow weight etc. Not sure what you are trying to get at there. I also a gree that a properly tuned bow, NO MATTER THE TYPE OF SIGHT will not require you to move sights when adding Bheads.

I love my single pin slider, i have talked to FEW that have gone from pins to slider and ever looked back.

do a search, there is about 1 thread per day posted on this exact subject.....answers are always the same

Joe

·
eyes and arrows
3,682 Posts
True....but the amount of effect involved for adjust or creating new tape for yardage measurements is vastly greater than a micro adjustment on fixed pins.
this is actually the OPPOSITE. If you have a well tuned bow and you get good with the sight tape programs then you can actually just print a new one, sight in at one distance and you are set to 110 yards. where with multi pins you have to sight each one individually. Not to mention you can save the tapes for each set up and when you go back and forth like i do from hunting/asa/ibo, you can just put the appropriate scale on the sight.

joe

·
Registered
25,836 Posts
I've been wanting to try a single pin slider and made a deal for a TruGlo Range Rover about two weeks ago through the AT classifieds. It came with an HHA set of sight tapes, but I decided to use a blank one to try it out. I saw absolutely no difference getting it sighted in at 20 yards than a multiple pin sight and am looking forward to streching things out once my backyard isn't covered in 20+ inches of snow. I'm not sure where the concept of creating a new tape is "vastly greater" effort than sighting in a multiple pin sight, but I have not seen it thus far. How hard is using a pen or pencil to put a mark on a curved piece of tape????

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
this is actually the OPPOSITE. If you have a well tuned bow and you get good with the sight tape programs then you can actually just print a new one, sight in at one distance and you are set to 110 yards. where with multi pins you have to sight each one individually. Not to mention you can save the tapes for each set up and when you go back and forth like i do from hunting/asa/ibo, you can just put the appropriate scale on the sight.

joe
Exactly the input I was after Joe. Thank you.

jay

·
Banned
3,014 Posts
The accuracy and quick yardage adjustability is excellent with a single pin sight

1 - 9 of 9 Posts