Archery Talk Forum banner

Sight ] Why this occurance takes place.

737 Views 9 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Unk Bond
:confused:

Take a scope that has 2 Len's rings.
Now front len's with power has a aiming dot.
Rear Len's is plain with no power. But has a 1/2 inch dia. circle.

Now you attach this scope to a vertical sight bar,that is attached to the side of a sight bar.

While off the bow.Hold it out in front of you. As if you were aiming. Now you will notice, the dot begins to move or float with end the circle.

Now think of your bow hand on a bow grip .While holding this sight out in front of you, while aiming. Now move the sight, till the dot is in the center of the circle. Now induce tork into your bow hand.And watch the dot in the circle.travel off center.

So to the conclusion. While you have the dot in the center of the circle.There is no tork pressure on the bow grip hand.

-----------------------

Now to my ?.
Why is it. When mounted to a right handed bow. That this dot in the center of the circle. Moves to one side at 3 o-clock.And can't be brought back to center,by bow hand movement inducing tork. :confused:
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
14,752 Posts
:confused:

Now you attach this scope to a vertical sight bar,that is attached to the side of a sight bar.

While off the bow.Hold it out in front of you. As if you were aiming. Now you will notice, the dot begins to move or float with end the circle.

Now think of your bow hand on a bow grip .While holding this sight out in front of you, while aiming. Now move the sight, till the dot is in the center of the circle. Now induce tork into your bow hand.And watch the dot in the circle.travel off center.

So to the conclusion. While you have the dot in the center of the circle.There is no tork pressure on the bow grip hand.

-----------------------

Now to my ?.
Why is it. When mounted to a right handed bow. That this dot in the center of the circle. Moves to one side at 3 o-clock.And can't be brought back to center,by bow hand movement inducing tork. :confused:
Queston? you have 2 lens in your scope housing?

· C:\My Documents\My Pictur
24,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Queston? you have 2 lens in your scope housing?

Quote = you have 2 lens in your scope housing?[/QUOTE]

Ans yep .

--
Now you can reverse these 2 len's and you get same effect. Why can't i get that dot to travel to the center of the ring circle.While holding the bow. :cry: But it will go to the center of the ring circle off the bow.

· Registered
264 Posts
If I understand your question correctly, it would seem to me there is one of two problems. Either the dot or the circle are off centered in one (or both) lenses, or the 3rd axis is off. I'm guessing the two lenses are so close together that you cannot induce enough torque with the bow drawn to move the dot appreciably.

· Registered
9,755 Posts
If I understand your question correctly, it would seem to me there is one of two problems. Either the dot or the circle are off centered in one (or both) lenses, or the 3rd axis is off. I'm guessing the two lenses are so close together that you cannot induce enough torque with the bow drawn to move the dot appreciably.
:nod:

24,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Thanks
The dot and circle are on center. They were place on a len's circle center finder.

Now third axis being off. I will check.

Close seperation .] I will leave up in the air for now.Till i check 3rd axis. Later

· Registered
2,350 Posts
Thanks
The dot and circle are on center. They were place on a len's circle center finder.

Now third axis being off. I will check.

Close seperation .] I will leave up in the air for now.Till i check 3rd axis. Later
Unk,
They're too close together and both on the same side of the center of the handle. When you torque the bow they move together in the same direction. There was a sight by Altier that had two pins on a bar, one behind the other but separated by about 6-8". That put one pin in front of the bows pivot point and one behind it. Now when you torqued the bow, the pins moved in opposite directions and really showed up. The problem was that most of your concentration went into pin alignment and not enough into aiming and shot execution. That's why you don't see them used. It's easier to learn a good torque free grip.
Joe B.

24,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Unk,
They're too close together and both on the same side of the center of the handle. When you torque the bow they move together in the same direction. There was a sight by Altier that had two pins on a bar, one behind the other but separated by about 6-8". That put one pin in front of the bows pivot point and one behind it. Now when you torqued the bow, the pins moved in opposite directions and really showed up. The problem was that most of your concentration went into pin alignment and not enough into aiming and shot execution. That's why you don't see them used. It's easier to learn a good torque free grip.
Joe B.

---

Hello Joe old friend.Don't mean to be argumental here.

I wasn't thinking of tork, as much as i was reflecting on linement,that would show hand placement and bow hand tork pressure..

Now one views his peep to his scope for center alignment.
One views his bubble in his bubble vial for alignment.
That takes time from aiming.

If it works,And at this time i believe it will. Reason being.Another poster on this thread. Brought up the subject of axis being off. So i have now got the dot in the center of the circle ring. By changing the axis of my 2 1/2 inch scope.But it might be a optical elusion. But that dot is now moving, in that ring circle at full draw to a natural anchor.
So at the range to night i will test it. If it continues to work . It could take the place of viewing the peep to the scope for center alignment.
But still viewing the peep to the dot and circle. Same as the Anchor sight accomplished. That i shot for over a year.And proved to myself, if the shot was made correct.The Anchor sight done its job,for alignment.

Will give my true findings after test .Good or bad.But do hold that horse laugh old friend till i finish.:)

· Registered
2,350 Posts
---

Hello Joe old friend.Don't mean to be argumental here.

I wasn't thinking of tork, as much as i was reflecting on linement,that would show hand placement and bow hand tork pressure..

Now one views his peep to his scope for center alignment.
One views his bubble in his bubble vial for alignment.
That takes time from aiming.

If it works,And at this time i believe it will. Reason being.Another poster on this thread. Brought up the subject of axis being off. So i have now got the dot in the center of the circle ring. By changing the axis of my 2 1/2 inch scope.But it might be a optical elusion. But that dot is now moving, in that ring circle at full draw to a natural anchor.
So at the range to night i will test it. If it continues to work . It could take the place of viewing the peep to the scope for center alignment.
But still viewing the peep to the dot and circle. Same as the Anchor sight accomplished. That i shot for over a year.And proved to myself, if the shot was made correct.The Anchor sight done its job,for alignment.

Will give my true findings after test .Good or bad.But do hold that horse laugh old friend till i finish.:)
Unk,
You've lost me. Your original post was about bowhand torque and that was what the Altier sight was meant to correct.

"Now think of your bow hand on a bow grip .While holding this sight out in front of you, while aiming. Now move the sight, till the dot is in the center of the circle. Now induce tork into your bow hand.And watch the dot in the circle.travel off center
So to the conclusion. While you have the dot in the center of the circle.There is no tork pressure on the bow grip hand."Joe B.

24,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well i ran the test.
Here is the bad part.Both Len's at the club.Acted like one Len's. :eek: For some reason the dot just didn't move from the center of the ring. But i assure you. Here at the house it did. So i am befuddled and. :embara: [Later

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.