Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my eyes are very bad, anything past three feet gets blurry. i can shoot sixty feet rather acurately with my new long bow (...wow...). but i have a big delema: even though i can shoot a decent distance, what if i can't see it?

what should i do?

·
Registered
838 Posts
well if you say you can't see it then don't sweat it you'll never know it was even there, did ya ever think glasses might help, a lot of guys wear them

·
Registered
20,536 Posts
kegan -

You can only hit what you can see, and eye sight plays a big role. My accuracy took a big hit when I started to "need" glasses. That being said, you still have to do the same the rest of us do. Make your equipment as consistent as possible, every arrow must be identical to every other arrow and matched to the bow Tuned) and then make your shooting equally consistent. The guys with razor sharp vision way way away will always have an advantage, but you can really level the playing field by getting the stuff on the baclk end down. AFTER than, if you can see a blur, you can hit the blur. Yeah, there are techniques for that too, but they are totally useless unless the first two requsites are met.

Viper1 out.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Sounds like you are farsighted.You need glasses,don't they give eye exams in school anymore?

·
Registered
20,536 Posts
Darton -

If he can't see PASSED 3' and can't see the target, he's near-sighted. Depending on the type of aiming he's doing, being farsighted may not be a terrible thing, near sighted is :mad:

But yes, glasses or contacts may be in order.

Viper1 out.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
OOHHH.Thats the second time this year I've been wrong.LOL.:shade:I quess I could'nt see the screen. :nerd:

·
Registered
10,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the advice. makes sense, but i've tried using my glasses but i even with pratice they get in my way (too big of frames). i don't have enough money for contacts either.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts