Archery Talk Forum banner

sight ?

430 Views 11 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  poole
I center each pin in my peep is that bad ? does anyone else do that or should I switch to centering the housing. What distance do I set the center pin. Thanks in advance. Iam affraid that when I am hunting Ill forget and center my pin.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
1,215 Posts
I don't know how most people do it but here's what I do: I have a peep that just allows the globe on my sight to "fit" inside when I look through the peep. I center the globe and then put the pin on the target. I have found that this is a little more repeatable than trying to center each pin. Works for me but to each his own.

· Speed Thrills and Kills
4,764 Posts
MY brother shoots like that with the pin centered in the peep and he does ok with it and he also shoots a small dia peep...me i center the whole round guard in the peep....for me i can tell if my anchor is off any by how much of the ring on my sight is in the peep...neither is wrong but with my brother he looses some time in the eavings and the mornings cause he cant see through the peep cause its so small...each will work but i like to center the whole pin guard just think its easier for me at least

· Registered
6,815 Posts
Center the pins housing in your peep. It is the most consistent method.
+1...as long as you have a round pin guard make your peep hole big enouh so the housing just fills your peep hole...then adjust your pins to your desired yardages...and you will have the most accurate setup!

· Registered
3,778 Posts
center the pin guard for 2 reasons
1-its more accurate especially when the peep and pin guard look close in diameter
2-by centering the guard and not the pin, you can use a bigger peep(I have 1/4"ers) this helps a lot in low light conditions
if you make the change now and shoot often, you'll be fine come hunting season, dont worry about what you used to do....

· Registered
7,438 Posts
I've shot both ways never really noticed much of a difference.

That being said, I center my shight housing in my peep.

· Registered
1,830 Posts
For hunting I like a large pin guard centered on 1/4" peep. Using this method and shooting with both eyes open gives me great view and I'm able to pick my pin and line up much quicker. It took a good bit of time for me to get my peep and sight guard lined up perfect with my anchor point and not having to close one eye to check my alignment every time. The last few days I've been working on getting anchored lining up and letting it go within 3-4 seconds after my draw. Now I don't have to check it any longer by closing one eye... just anchor line my pin and send the arrow on its way. Not quite as accurate yet as with taken my time but I'm getting there. :)

· Registered
1,598 Posts
I align my peep housing with peep....I also fine tune with my sword apex 3rd axis. It is a sight that you can extend in and out...I push it out until the 2 align perfectly.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.