Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a brand new Powermax that is shooting to the right even after adjusting the sight. When the arrow is sitting on the rest it looks to be sitting to at an angle to the right.

Could the rest be my problem? If so how do I adjust it? Its a QAD rest

·
Shootin and Cussin
24,103 Posts
Has the bow been tuned?

What is the draw weight, draw length and what arrows are you using? Length and tip weight as well.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tuned? it was assembled at the shop and adjusted accordingly to my measurements. Draw length is 29" draw weight is 64# arrows are 29" and the shops brand but they are carbon with blazer veins the tips are 92 grains

·
Snafu
1,420 Posts
Do you have the manual that came with the bow? If not get online and find out where the centershot (Where the rest sits horizontally on the bow) starting location should be.
Set that and then shoot at very short distance, like 10 yards. When eyeballing the centershot I have normally found that the arrow shaft points straight forward, not pointing right or left. But this is only a starting point.

Remember that if you move the rest left the arrow will impact more to the left. If the arrow is hitting the target to the left move the sight to the left and visa-versa. If you are hitting low move the sight down.

I do not have confidence in how you described how the bow was tuned, "...accordingly to my measurements."

Did you draw the bow when they were setting the bow up? If you will take a picture of you holding the bow at full draw with an arrow nocked and the arrow being level, we can look at the pic and give you more info on your draw length. The pic needs to show the bow (with arrow nocked and level) and your draw arm/elbow and from head to toe.

It appears that you are a new shooter. There is a lot to learn. There are a lot of good people on here that are willing to help.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mdrdlee, I will get some pictures up. I think the draw length might be too long or my anchor point its too far back and I think my peep sight is too low, but maybe the coincide with each other.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts