Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new to the forum and I am looking into bows right now and I am pretty sure that I have narrowed it down to the PSE Brute X or the Bear Legion.

My yard of about 1.8 acres is pretty hilly with a big hill in the back yard which goes down into a ravine in the woods so I was wondering that once I get a bow, if I sight in a bow shooting downhill into the ravine into the woods, will the sight still be on target on level ground since I would have sighted it on a hill?

And I was looking for some opinions on the Legion?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Yes if you keep proper form. The only way for you to know is to try it though. You also have to account for the angle when it comes to distance.

·
Registered
613 Posts
get a angled range finder it will tell u

·
Registered
14,506 Posts
just do yourself a favor and sight in on level ground, its gonna make it alot easier!!!!

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
Here's what I would do, If you cant shot flat, shoot on the side hill aspect, make sure you keep the sight bubble level though.

·
How hard can it be?
1,450 Posts

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Sight settings will not be the same on flat ground vs slopes. This has nothing to do with form and everything to do with physics. I will try to post the link, but search youtube for Dave Cousins-Interview & Shooting Tips (Part 1). He clearly demonstrates this................http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3XeaWt7huQ

1 - 8 of 8 Posts