Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to sight in a cbe Tek hybrid. First time sighting in a single pin. I have the scope as far right as I can get it and still 10" to the right of center.

What am I doing wrong?

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Home alone so maybe tomorrow.

Think I need a new pin. It looks bent to me. I got sight at a yard sale for $25

Registered
Make sure your centershot is good. Then, the gang adjustment on the sight is done by flipping the block that attaches to the sight bar. There's 4 screws and it clamps to the vertical dovetail.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
What do you mean by center shot? That's what I thought I was trying to adjust for... The horizontal center shot

Registered
Center shot, need to move your rest to make sure arrow is straight leaving bow.. 10 inches at 10yds is really bad, don't even try 20yds till you get it reasonably close or you will probably miss target

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
With the sight I took off, I was dead on center. Does that change when you channge sights?

Registered
With the sight I took off, I was dead on center. Does that change when you channge sights?
The center shot I was referring to is your rest center shot. Most bows will be within 5/8-3/4". You can quickly check it by nocking an arrow, then look from behind the bow and line up the arrow and string so that the arrow is bisected by the string. With the arrow bisected by the string, the string should also be bisecting the center of your grip. You can also nock an arrow and hold a second arrow shaft flush to the inside of the riser between the rest and riser. If the 2 arrow shafts are parallel, you're at center shot.

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
How much of an issue is the bent sight pin?

Registered
How much of an issue is the bent sight pin?
It's not an issue if it's only a single pin and you can see the fiber. You should be able to sight in with a bent pin. It's the least of your problems right now.

Snafu
Center shot seems good.
There are a lot of people trying to help you. Nuts and Bolts is one of the best. You asked a question and got an answer that you didn't understand. You should probably take the picture that you were asked to take and reply with it. then ask questions to learn about what you are asking about.

You replied, "Center shot seems good." How did you determine that? Did you measure from the riser to the center of the shaft? Can you put the old sight back on and test to make sure that the arrows are hitting where the pin is. Then look at the new sight and see if it has adjustments to move the pin on the new sight so that it is where the pin on the old sight is.

(aka lug nut)
Center shot seems good.
Do this to check your arrow rest center shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=9&v=HvtxmNbq9-M

Use a rubber band to hold the 2nd arrow tight to the wall of your riser. Load an arrow onto your bowstring. If you have a drop away rest, disconnect the cord so the arm comes to the full up position (if needed). Put the arrow onto the arrow rest.

Cut a strip of paper that JUST fits between the two arrows, near the nock end of both arrows. Now use this strip of paper and check the space between the two arrows near the point of both arrows. Move the arrow rest sideways to fit the strip of paper to tune the gap between the arrows, to perfectly fit the width of the strip of paper. NOW your center shot is good.

(aka lug nut)
So, AFTER you use my two arrow trick, to confirm that your arrow rest centershot is REALLY good (strip of paper fits between the two arrows near the nock, and the strip of paper fits between the two arrows near the point)....then, we set your sight windage (sideways setting). Going to need a target up at YOUR shoulder height, so get the target off the floor, off the ground. Find a table, use a stack of boxes, or in my case, I used a sawhorse, and some boxes to get the target off the ground. I want the middle of the target to match YOUR shoulder height, so you can take a level shot. Find some dental floss and tie a weight on the end. Pin the top of the dental floss, to the top of the target. We have a plumb bob. The weighted string will hang DEAD vertical. We are going to make a duct tape shooting line that is only 6 feet, just two YARDS away from the target. I cannot see a thin line from 2 yards, so I put a circle sticker centered behind the dental floss. The circle stick is what you aim at.

GOAL is to split the dental floss with your fletched arrow. SINCe you are missing 10 inches from a 10 yard shooting distance, then, you will appreciate this TWO yard shooting exercise. The dental floss is just over the thickness of a sheet of paper. Several thousandths of an inch. So, you are ONLY going to move your sight windage, until you can SPLIT the fibers of the dental floss. Shooting from only six FEET, just 2 YARDS, there is zero excuse to miss. When you get the sight windage correct (DO NOT TOUCH the arrow rest), you will get THIS result.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmwHYYgUGpU&feature=youtu.be

wmwHYYgUGpU&feature=youtu.be

Registered
It looks a little off center to me but can鈥檛 really tell also you need to shoot the single black vane in the down position on that particular rest you are most likely getting some vane contact the way it currently is

1 - 20 of 47 Posts