Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This question is for those of you who have first hand experience with mechanicals. Do they fly the same as a field point? Could I sight my bow using field points and expect my mechanicals to hit the same spot. Also is there any company that has practice blades included with purchase. Those buggers are too expensive to dull up sighting in. Is there anything else I need to be aware of before I buy? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

·
Registered
711 Posts
I just sighted in my mechanicals and they shot darn close to the field points. So much so, I made no adjustments.

BTW...I used Rocket Steelhead 100.

·
Registered
18 Posts
all the ones that i have sighted in were so close that i have never had to adjust, as for the practice blades you could tie the blades shut, a little dental floss will do the job, i use 4-6 wraps....holds for a few shots, maybe around 5.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
My mechanicals fly just like my field points. I do however have a few of the same mechanicals that are just for practice.

·
Hunt By Faith Not By Site
5,285 Posts
stickslingin said:
all the ones that i have sighted in were so close that i have never had to adjust, as for the practice blades you could tie the blades shut, a little dental floss will do the job, i use 4-6 wraps....holds for a few shots, maybe around 5.
Exactly Right.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Heads

I got a good tip from jason Irish (team Drury's Outdoors). He told me he super glued the blades down. This is something you may consider after dulling one on a hunt. If the blades aren't bent it would work well for targets.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts