Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for new sights. I have a Copper John Pro II. Great sight but the fiber optices are brittle, even after switching them. They are exposed and break very easy. This happened while hunting. Luckily I use white out on the sights and switched the unbroken ones for my 20 and thirty yard pins. The reason I am asking for suggestions is that I am tired of buying sights and not liking them. I also have an HHA Triple Threat and a Copper John Widowmaker. The price range I am looking at is from $100.00 to $150.00. I am thinking about an Apex or a Viper Pro. Thanks!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I was hoping to get some suggestions. Because sights are a pain in the butt. They cost a lot and if you don't like them. You're stuck with them because everyone wants them for free when you get rid of them. Thanks again!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Or you can just take a tip from Tim Wells and learn to shoot instinctively. That way you can spend your sight money on something else.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Why not just buy new optic fibers ?

On the new sight, almost everyone likes;

Spott Hogg and Sword.

I know they cost a bit more, but if you like it, and it lasts a long time it will be money well spent.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just put a Black Gold Solaris on my Destroyer and love it. Very bright pins. My 20 and 40 yrd pins are.019 and my 50 and 60 yrders are .010.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks! The fiber optices have actually broken three times. The first two times Copper John sent me the replacement fibers. The third time I bought replacement fibers from cabelas' I also keep a cover on the sights while on the way to my stand. So far so good. I just don't want to get in the situation again where they break while hunting. I was lucky once when only three of the five fibers broke. I don't want to take that chance again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts