Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well Im pretty new to archery, havnt even used my 1st bow yet. (locked in the stores layaway room till payday ).

Anyways what should I look for in a sight. i know thier are quite few diferent kinds out thier.
And about peeps, is it better for beginner to learn with or with out one? I had never heard of one untill last friday.

and I dont know if this makes a diference, but its a compond Im using, a PSE Beast.

·
Registered
16,232 Posts
You looking for a hunting or competition sights?

Since you're first starting out, keep it simple.

I would recommend using a peep. Keeps your eye in the same place every time. Center of the string.

On the sights, I would suggest getting one with the round pin guard, that way the sight is easily centered in the peep. I generally set my stuff up so I can see the entire housing of my sight and not much else outside. This places the pins in the same place in your sight picture every time, which will make you much more consistent. Two pin sights that immediately come to mind with round pin guards are Copper John dead nuts and Trophy Ridge vertical in lines. Some folks find it hard to center a square in the middle of a circle.

Hope this helps. PM me if I can be of further assistance.
Good luck with your new bow!
:D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts