Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone use the atsko silicone water guard on there feathers if not what do you use i was just wondering what works for everyone thanks:shade:

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
I dont use anything, I have no issues with wet feathers within 25 yards usually..

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Other than a brief use of vanes on a wheel bow, I have used only feathers in all the years I have bowhunted and during those years I have tried just about everything on the market and homemade to waterproof feathers. Most were useless and a few did only fair in a light drizzle or snow, but not indefinitely.

I carry my spare shafts in a closed case-quiver and when sitting I shield the feathers of my mounted shafts with a piece of waterproof fabric tied to my belt, or with my arm when standing.

I'm with "BowmanJay." Unless the fletch is thoroughly drenched and laying flat, I have never experienced a problem hitting my mark if the fletch did get wet.

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
When I used fletching, I used No Snow....worked great, even in a full on downpour.

·
Registered
20,338 Posts
Muzzy -

If it really bothers you, just tune your bow to shoot vanes. Makes life easier.

Viper1 out.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Take a couple of hunting arrows and soak the feathers, go out and shoot them at your hunting distance, then forget about it and hunt. Feathers do different things when they are wet, some will lay down almost flat others will just get ugly, but they will shoot just fine. I think it has to do with the stress from being glued out of their natural shape. But if you think it's an issue you need to try it. You don't need anything working against your confidence while hunting. My opinion

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Muzzy -

If it really bothers you, just tune your bow to shoot vanes. Makes life easier.

Viper1 out.
well i like my feathers plus i shoot off the shelf so wouldn't vanes kick when they hit the shelf anyway i was just wondering because i am a little ocd but i think i will try the Water Shed warpedarrow was talking about thanks for all the answers

·
Registered
20,338 Posts
muzzy -

Nothing wrong with using a rest, but your call.

Viper1 out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts