Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to silience the vibration of a quiver? When I shoot I find that the quiver makes the most noise on my bow. Is there any way or anything to dampen this vibration?

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
What quiver do you have? Some of todays quivers have built in dampners that work great. Look at a tightspot.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
also you could try mini limbsavers and make sure all bolts and screws are tightened up.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
I had a Lynx that was vibrating pretty bab and it ended up that it had a crack in the plastic where the stem slids into the hood. Otherwise, I would try a small amount of adhesive felt in the detach receiver to take up some of the space and the plastic to plastic contact.
FYI -- I went to the Panther ( flexible stem )... no more issues.

·
Wishing it was elk season
796 Posts
I did not have any vibration in mine but i did put some mini limbsavers on it just to help to not have any!

·
Yippiee ki-yay
3,602 Posts
Soft Loc. Mine acts like a dampener with all that rubber on it, might even be less quiet without?:noidea:

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
Buy a quiver that is designed to dampen vibration like a Fuse or a Tight Spot. When I buy a quiver it is the first thing I consider. I'm having a Fuse two piece put on my new Maxxis 31 I have ordered.

·
"GO BUCKS!!!"
6,590 Posts
Try taking your quiver off when your hunting,
I hang mine in the tree with in reach so I can grab another arrow if needed.
No noise, less weight, and the wind donsent catch your bow much on windy days.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I use a Kwikee 3 arrow and use the Kwickee screw-in adapter to mount my quiver to the tree. It is way mo' better than leaving it on.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I had a Bohning Lynx as well and it was terribly noisy from the get go. I replaced it with a Alpine soft-loc. Problem solved.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I tried the Tight Spot and found it to be one of the most noisy quivers I've used in my 50 years of bowhunting. I returned it for a refund. My Fuse quivers are very quiet.

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
Alpine Soft Loc.

·
Registered
13,750 Posts
try make make an alpine soft lock vibrate!!! it just sucks up the vibration if you do, theres no way it can rattle

·
Registered
976 Posts
try make make an alpine soft lock vibrate!!! it just sucks up the vibration if you do, theres no way it can rattle
Couldn't agree more! I hate the "looks" of the mount, but they don't make a sound.

·
Registered
10,387 Posts
I have two Lynx quivers, and they are noisy even when not attached. The clip remaining on the bow has a lever on it that vibrates. I regret buying them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts