Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Banned
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always seen talk about the Silver Flames heads. It has mostly ALWAYS been good, but recently I saw that they are $66 for 3?? That seems absolutely absurd to pay that much for broad heads when you can get the job done just as good for less then half that? Could someone please INFORM me why they are this much and is it overpriced or is it justified?? Thanks, and before anyone gets in here whining i'm not bashing, just want to know.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
They are hand built from the best materials in the world. They hold an edge like nothing else. The plummeting dollar versus the rising euro does not help at all either. They are made in Germany. They fly like filed points.

·
Banned
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They are hand built from the best materials in the world. They hold an edge like nothing else. The plummeting dollar versus the rising euro does not help at all either. They are made in Germany. They fly like filed points.
That is the answer I wanted. Thank you very much pronghorn. I can't believe there hand made??? That is pretty neat in this modern day and age. Definitely makes me want to try them out.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
I dont want to do a search. If you don't have an answer for my post, don't post, how about that.
After that response, I'm sorry I replied. What he was trying to say is there has been a lot of discussion on here and doing a search is the best and fastest way to get the answers you are looking for.

·
Banned
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After that response, I'm sorry I replied. What he was trying to say is there has been a lot of discussion on here and doing a search is the best and fastest way to get the answers you are looking for.
Well too late! Sorry, I just get so annoyed with people always saying "USE THE SEARCH". Sometimes you get tired of searching. In the time you took to post "use the search" you could have just answered the question! Sometimes you don't have time to search and your doing other things, so you throw up a thread to get an answer!

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Ya searching can be a good tool to use, but do most ppl realize that there wouldnt be much to post about if everyone looked up searches. Almost everything that gets posted has been a topic in the past.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Markus builds these things like custom knives! They are tools that could last your entire lifetime. I built a wooden case just to store mine. You will find his followers are cult like and have had excellent results with them.

·
Banned
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Markus builds these things like custom knives! They are tools that could last your entire lifetime. I built a wooden case just to store mine. You will find his followers are cult like and have had excellent results with them.
I am very impressed. Now I completely understand why they are expensive, ad it sounds justified. Thank you very much. And thank you for not making me do a search. I was unaware that we aren't allowed to post a thread about something if it has already been on here in the last 5 years! :moon:

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
Maybe G5 could design something like the Silver Flame and maybe I could afford them.

·
Registered
9,601 Posts
I think they are more like $75 for 3 with the currency exchange.

I am a die hard Rocket shooter but I am using these heads in 2010 when I go to Africa for Cape Buffalo. You can't put a price on your life and these heads are the best for that job.

·
Smilin' Bob
25,077 Posts
Very expensive...yes.

Overpriced...no.

:):)

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
I will be owning me some before I elk hunt this year!!! They are incredible heads!!! The only head I've seen that you can shoot in a target a couple hundred times and shave hair off your arm:eek: I have bald spots to back that up with!!:wink: My buddy bought some last year to elk hunt with, and we passed 1 head around between 4 guys. I have it again right now and thats How I know it can still shave and how many times its been shot!!

·
Banned
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I will be owning me some before I elk hunt this year!!! They are incredible heads!!! The only head I've seen that you can shoot in a target a couple hundred times and shave hair off your arm:eek: I have bald spots to back that up with!!:wink: My buddy bought some last year to elk hunt with, and we passed 1 head around between 4 guys. I have it again right now and thats How I know it can still shave and how many times its been shot!!
That is impressive, you guys are definitely tempting me. How come I've never seen them in a store? Maybe I just never looked or are they pretty much order only??

·
Smilin' Bob
25,077 Posts
Pretty much order only, and Markus can't keep up with demand so you have to get them when they're available.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts