Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Complaceny Breeds Failure
4,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any feedback on this yet? I've heard and read in the past where the FTC got involved for similar products for falsely stating that they cleaned as well or better than regular detergents.

That was past technology though. Silver Scent just put this out for 2010.

Here's some details:

The all-new Vanish Laundry Ball contains natural ceramics which emit negative ions weakening the adherence of soil on fabrics so that garments can easily be cleaned. with a pH level of approximately 10, these natural ceramics are equivalent to standard laundry detergent with regards to its ability to treat grease, as well as organic and chemical stains efficiently. Most importantly to the hunter, the Vanish Laundry Ball contains antibacterial properties which eliminate organic and non-organic odors along with harmful pathogens and germs. In addition, there are no UV brighteners leaving your camo colors un-faded hunt after hunt. With a life expectancy of over 1000+ washes, you'll capture your return on investment in 1 season.

What are your thoughts?

·
4,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After useing the ball on several washes had to rewash most items I could still smell them!! I still use the ball but add DDW soap along with it.
Well, I guess adding the Dead Down Wind with the ball couldn't hurt. Just kind of defeats the purpose of the ball in the first place. Kind of sucks you could still smell the clothes after just using the ball.

Maybe I'll just save my $20 bucks and chalk this up as another gimmick.

·
4,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just wondering if anyone has anything positive to say about this thing?

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
It's a known fact that silver helps prevent bacterial growth. However, I doubt that there is enough silver in the ball to do anything. The second thing is that silver is really not water soluble. You would have better luck by putting an old silver coin in the washing machine. IN the old days, they would put a silver coin in a milk jug to prevent the milk from going sour.

·
4,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's a known fact that silver helps prevent bacterial growth. However, I doubt that there is enough silver in the ball to do anything. The second thing is that silver is really not water soluble. You would have better luck by putting an old silver coin in the washing machine. IN the old days, they would put a silver coin in a milk jug to prevent the milk from going sour.
The all-new Vanish Laundry Ball contains natural ceramics which emit negative ions weakening the adherence of soil on fabrics so that garments can easily be cleaned. Silver Scent is the name of the company. The laundry ball does not contain silver.

·
4,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You might have too wait till someone from the company reads this before that happens.LOL
Might be true. Plus I don't think many out there have tried it yet since it's new for 2010.

From the lack of responses, I don't think it's exciting very many people.

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
I love Silver Scent spray and soap and laundry soap but the vanish laundry ball seems like a gimmick for sure...i have read reviews somewhere else that balls like that do not work...

Id go with the silver scent laundry soap if you want though...its good stuff....

here is what i use for laundry...all my clothing...rinses clean...no uv ... no scent...super light and not harsh...easy on wool and all other fabric...

www.charliesoap.com

·
4,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Do you use the Charlie's Soap for your hunting clothes also? Do you find this more effective than say the Silver Scent laundry soap or other hunter's laundry soaps on the market?

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Do you use the Charlie's Soap for your hunting clothes also? Do you find this more effective than say the Silver Scent laundry soap or other hunter's laundry soaps on the market?
I use the charlies soap for all laundry including my hunting clothing...i dont know if its more effective because i supposed the silver could help a bit but probably most is washed out anyways when you rinse...the charlies i like cuz

1. using it all the time means my laundry machines never have any smelly soap or fabric softeners in them
2. cheap...its very inexpensive
3. gentle...no harsh chemicals so it is easy on my clothing and my skin...i can develop rashes to some detergants
4. no uv brighteners which we all like as hunters.
5. doesnt fade colors
6. no scent at all

so yes i believe it is just as effective because it does what you want a detergant to do and that is clean your clothing without any scent left behind.

then as i dress i use silver scent spray on my body and my under garments (i wear all merino wool) then carbon spray on my outerwear (camo pants and jacket)

this seams to work good.

·
Feedn The Geese
12,592 Posts
you wanna try something amazing. look in the sporting goods section of walmart/dicks and see if they still carry the stainless steel shaped fish. that thing will remove any odor. you know how when youre fishing you cant get that scent off your hands no matter what... i had one of those fish in my boat and it would make your hands smell like nothing. dip it in water, wash your hands with the fish and it was gone. amazing!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts