Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going on an elk hunt in Idaho this year. I typically shoot QAD Exodus 100 grain full blade broadheads and love them. Found out I can’t shoot them in Idaho. Any recommendations on a broadhead that would fly similarly and still have great penetration and accuracy?

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
Grim Reaper Micro Pro Hades 3 blade, they also make four blades. Watch Lusk broadhead test of them. Pretty impressive.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I read it in the Idaho big game guide as if the broadhead makes less than a 90 degree angle with the shaft it is illegal. If I am misreading it please someone let me know.

“With arrows or bolts having barbed broadheads, which is a broadhead with any portion of which forms an angle less than 90 degrees with the shaft or ferrule.”

·
Registered
144 Posts
Isn't the back of the full blade exodus 90 to the shaft, my 125 grain heads are.

Reactions: jrd22

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That’s what I thought but I heard the from a thread on Elk101 it cannot be re-sessed over the shaft. Seems like a gray area.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yeah that might be, I don't know. Maybe you could contact Idaho's fish and game department.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Give Wasp Boss SST a look. Come in 100 and 125 grains 3 and 4 blade versions. I have used them to kill more than a few deer now and absolutely love them. I feel they are one of the best BH's out there and a great bargain as well.
Hair popping scary sharp bomb proof tough and fly great out of my 62lb 270fps Darton DS3714/340 arrows 28.5" draw.
Here you go:

·
Slinging Arrows
895 Posts
I would call Idaho's game commission and ask them. That seems weird that they wouldn't be legal. Expandable are illegal though

Reactions: BROSMAN

·
Registered
253 Posts
Tooth of the Arrow great broad heads fly great 1 peace machined for a solid block of steel sharp as hell and lots of discounts out there

·
Registered
18,685 Posts
Give Wasp Boss SST a look. Come in 100 and 125 grains 3 and 4 blade versions. I have used them to kill more than a few deer now and absolutely love them. I feel they are one of the best BH's out there and a great bargain as well.
Very good, overlooked broadheads.

·
BowhunterT100
6,382 Posts
Wasp drones, G5 striker v2's. But I would and ask about the Exodus.

·
Registered
49,860 Posts
That makes no sense. I would personally contact them. The swept I could understand but not the fulls.

·
Registered
10,117 Posts
I think some people are over thinking things....90 degrees to the arrow. The QADs full blades are fine ...

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I don’t shoot them but they sell a crap load of them at both the shops I frequent in here in Idaho. The swept ones are a no go but the ones your talking about are good I’ll wager. I like the trophy taker atac and tooth of the arrow both for sure legal here lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
BowhunterT100
6,382 Posts
Biggest difference is the cutting diameter. biggest reason for the V2 now is they quit making the original striker I believe. So that's why. They make a great broadhead very sharp, fly extremely well and hold an edge well.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts