Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I JUST PURCHASED SIMMONS RAZORSHARKS 100GR. I SHOOT A MATHEWS OUTBACK WITH TROPHY RIDGE REST AND SIGHT WITH EASTON CARBON ARROWS. I HAVE SHOT MANY MAKES OF BROADHEADS THEY SHOOT THE SAME AS FIELD POINTS. THE RAZORSHARKS FLY PERFECT AT 20YDS. 6" HIGH AT 30YDS. AND 8" HIGH AT 40YDS.

WHY? :confused:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thanx For The Swarm Of Responces! Keep Up The Good Advice

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
Don't get persnickity with us youngen

You have just got us a little confused, that's all. :confused:

If you were high at 20 yards, than I would believe that you just need to lower your rest a tad bit to stop the arrow from wind planning. Are you sure you are not a little high at 20 yards? If you are, than lower your rest 1/32" and re-test your groups and see what happens. Make sure you shoot the field points also and continue this process until both hit the same spot, than re-sight in.

If you are actually dead on at 20 yards, than you have found a small rocket engine to replace your nocks. They kick in at 20 yards and don't allow the arrow to fall in the normal manner (ROFLMAO).

I would suggest that you are probably a little out of tune and need to do a little broadhead tuning. Even if the broadhead eliminated all air resistance, it could not account for 6" at 30 yards above your field points. :confused: :thumbs_do

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
You have a tuning problem, something in your system is not quite right. It could any number of things from fletching, to nock point or even center shot. It's too hard to say without having the bow in my hands.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts