Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about trying the Simmons Razorshark this year. Has anybody shot one of these broadheads?

·
Registered
579 Posts
I think there is a good review of them at www.btreviews.com. I think they are listed in the traditional section. The review of them indicated that they flew extremely well and penetrated like crazy. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
I have been shooting them the last month and experimenting with them a little with different fletch and arrows. I have 3 packs of them in 125 grains, the only problem is that none of them are even close to 125 grains. One pack weighs 117 grains and the other two are 119. They suggest 5 inch helical with them, but mine group great with just 4 inch feathers. They are VERY well made with exception to the weight consistancy. The 100 grain heads may be better in that department, I don't really know. If I can get the weight evened out, I am definetly going to try to bloody one or two this season. They don't really appear to be that sharp, but it must be the angle at which they are sharpened because they pop hair off my arm. Every single one of them spin test perfectly.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I have been shooting them. Your bow needs to be tuned perfect. Mine shot them well until I made a few adjustments. Now they are planing. I am going to work on getting back in tune. The only complaint i have is that the bleeder blades have come loose on the one head I ahve been practicing with.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Ashadow315 said:
I have been shooting them. Your bow needs to be tuned perfect. Mine shot them well until I made a few adjustments. Now they are planing. I am going to work on getting back in tune. The only complaint i have is that the bleeder blades have come loose on the one head I ahve been practicing with.
Are you shooting the 125's or 100's? The vents make a little difference. I have shot my Muzzy's, Slick Tricks, Innerlocs, and even some Magnus traditional non-vented heads all in 125 grains to make sure it wasn't my bow and they all hit with my field tips; so it is tuned. I also shot all the same heads in my back-up bow with the exact same results. I can see the arrow fly, and it does not appear to be planing at all. Like I said, it drove me nuts until I weighed them, and they are only a couple of inches high; so I concluded it must be the weight. All this took me 8 hours yesterday... :faint:

I have had nothing come loose on my one head I've been using. I am sure over the last month I have shot it well over 100 times. Still spins true...

·
Registered
183 Posts
I shoot the 100's. They fly great out of my set up, no planing. I haven't weighed them but they all hit in the same spot, athough you got me curious.

I really like the tip, very strong. Thick blade.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I am shooting the 100s

1 - 9 of 9 Posts