Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a GKF tranq. and I have tried several other models.I think the Tranq. does its job better than alot of the competition and is light.,a lil cheaper than the Simms 3 pc. Mod. Have any of you arrow flingers had experience with both of these and how do they compare in your humble or not so humble opinions?;)

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
yes i have used both and am using the tran 3d/hunter on my ar37 and it works flawlessly for me. i liked the sims also but the sims technology ios in the tranquilizers also and i do like the light feeling of the tran. just a personal preference for that bow. the bow is olight the tran is light and there is no problem with outcome when shooting. shot today at 20 yards and was stacking arrows on top of each other no prob and quiet as a church mouse.
rob k

·
74,535 Posts
Simms

Its what they do best is take shock out of everthing. Simms enhancer works great for me. I really beleive after talking to some of there engineers that they know there stuff.

·
Registered
726 Posts
I use both together

On my 3d bow, I have a sims mod,then the tranq, and another sims mod. Couldn't use the third sims mod because I need to stay under 12inches for BHFS. Before the sims mods came out, I used the tranq with the sims 2000 enhancer. The tranq is great but for me its a tad light, so that is why I combine it.

Mike

·
Registered
242 Posts
The tranq is a great stablizer. One that almost everybody that has ever used say they like them. Also have a lifetime guarantee. Like you pointed out Mike, the tranq is made so you can combine to customize to your set up. Glad it is working so good for you.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
I have used both when shooting a high end 3D rig with great results. They complement each other very well when a lot of vibration is being generated. If you are closer to 6 grains per pound of draw the Tranquilzer is all you will need.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
I have used both & I like the Sims better - I like metal for hunting -it holds up & won't break.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I hope I never smack my bow hard enough to need a metal stabilizer, the tranq is very sturdy and if anything ever did happen to it there is a lifetime warantee on it.

·
Banned
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The tranqs housing is very tough,Ive dropped my rig out of stand...twice,broke an inexpensive sight,bent an arrow,but the tranq. is fine. The Simms Modulur rubber in between the internal bar and ouside housing can tear.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have used both too!

Orion you posted how good they worked together in one of your past posts and reviews,
Now you do not like it????
I will not read your reviews anymore!!!!

Anyway,The combo works great but adds a little more weight
when you use both.
I am now shooting only the Tranquilizer in HD Green on my new
Hoyt.
This is so nice.

·
Banned
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ya I got the standard GKF tranq on my 1 cam Ultra tech with split limbsavers,pretty quiet and nothin on the string but a nock and peep,but I am shootin 470-480 gr. thru [email protected] 65#. I got a shorty GKF tranq and the simms mod. for my new Darton Rampage Exp. I plan to put one module in the back& the stem w/t 1 module and the shorty in the front w/t a muzzy stab knuckle.I plan to shoot 410-420 gr out of the [email protected] 65#. Ill maybe put the other mod on my Hoyt?

My hats off to who ever said" ya got ta kill it before u can grill it'' 1st.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have bought quite a few stabilizers as i'm sure most everyone has.. The gkf Tranq. is the last one i'll ever purchase for my hunting bow..I think its the best stab. out there.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Golden Key Tranquilizer was designed together with Sims to outperform.
This Stabilizer is advanced in its vibration reduction and
used together with the Sims does work very well.
We are one of a few chosen manufactures that are licensed to
dip our stabilizers in 7 exact colors to match Mathews,Bowtec,
Hoyt , plus other colors...........

GKF Tech;)

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
I use the two in combination. A sims modular on the front and back, and a Tranq in front of that.

Bo

·
Fat Jesus
29,130 Posts
Both

I'm useing 2 pieces of the SIMS Modular & my Tranq screwed into them......I like it on my Durango....But I have a SIMS Enhancer coming & I think I try 3 of the Modulars screwed into the Enhancer with one of the SIMS Stabalizer ad on things into the front of the Modular system too......I prefer a bit more weight on the front of mine than what I have right now.........

·
Banned
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ya Im runnin 1 mod in back with post,1 mod in front on top of a Muzzy knuckle and a shorty Tranq. on my Darton. Just a Std. Tranq. on my 1 cam Hoyt. Now that Ive tried the Simms mod......Ive tried most of todays stabs, most work....oz. for oz. the GKF Tranq.is the best in quieting and vibration dampening. The mods. can get loose.The mod works and is one of the better ones...but the Tranq. cant be beat. One stab. dissapointment ...NAP's shockblocker....not that great. I use there rests and heads...there great....thier stab. isnt....might as well be just dead wieght Cobra.

·
Banned
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hybrids...and the demise of 1 cams

Have you read Nostrudomus's 985th quatrain..?...in the year2004, 1 cams will die and will bring the riegn of the Hybrid.;)
Seriously....from shooting a 1 cam for the last coupla years.....thier quiet...Ive killed with it....but unforgiving and not that pleasant to shoot and harder to be really consistent with.Ive shot really good 2 cams bows and liked them. There is something about these Hybrids? Call em a 1 cam with a control wheel,call em a 2 cam,call em a cam and a 1/2,I dont give a S#*t.
They work,very consistent,fast,efficient, more forgiving,great wall, I believe they shoot better than a 1 cam. Hoyts mouthpiece made some over the top claims which Matthews stomped on like a Left linebacker on a QB on 3rd and long rush situation. I read thier 2 page propaganda carefully.....I particularly loved the part where they deliberetly put a longer then spec. cable on Hoyt1.5..and said look ,see...there out of time....too funny. Put a longer then spec.cable on a Matthews and see what happens. Then Matthews goes on to mention claims of another manufacturer ,but doesnt mention that Co.s name.Why not?(we all know its Darton)If the system aint so great,why is Hoyt and Merlin using it?Is Matt afraid of Darton? If the system doesnt work,why doesnt Matthews mention Darton by name? Why does Norb Mullaney give the system such high marks,particularly in the consistency(both in velocity and POI) ,forgiveness and pleasant to shoot dept.?Come on Matt, enough propaganda....answer these question's.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts