Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,902 Posts
Not a bit. I don't think it was meant to help gain speed though. Since I've used them, I've found that under certain conditions the cable slide doesn't "jump". I'll continue to use them

·
Registered
5,902 Posts
Like i said, I've never experiened any difference in speed with them and we all know about suggestive advertising. For most people, if they tell you it will make your bow shoot faster, you put it on and all of a sudden you're bow is smokin fast now. It's all in the head. The product has other benefits, but chrono your bow with and without the thing on there - there's not a speed benefit with the product.

·
Registered
496 Posts
It will depend on what slide you are replacing. In my opinion it is the best slide out there. It does not get sticky in different conditions. I actually se a coat of teflon left on my cable guard after awhile. Maybe that will make it faster over time but doubt it.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
it's the best slide i've ever used. no speed gained but no worry about chatter from rain (which we have from time to time in washington;) )

·
Registered
74 Posts
Do you feel they are better than the N.A.P. slides? I've used both and they seem to work equally well to me. Just wondering what other people have found.

·
Registered
5,902 Posts
Oh...and this is what is posted on the SIMS web site:

Made of pure virgin Teflon®, the Sims Cable Slide made for a 3/8” cable guard, produces an ultra-quiet shot, extends bus cable life and virtually eliminates the chatter from a wet cable guard. In some cases, increased speed has been reported.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts