Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
36,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That thing is awsome , a hunting buddy bought one for me and that thing is awsome .....any thoughts out there ...

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
I just put one on my bow last week, I have to agree. And at $15 it's a steal.

·
Trophy Nanny Hunter
2,448 Posts
Yep, I feel the same way. I could really tell the difference between the sims and the vibracheck I had on there before. The sims was about half the cost too. For 15 bucks at Wally world you really can't go wrong.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I bought one for my own bow and for my daughter. They are a great stab for the price, no question. I eventually changed mine out for the Limbsaver modular stab only because I wanted a bit more weight. However, if weight wasn't an issue, I would definitely have mine back one.

BTW - Before I finally ordered mine from Archery Experts, I kept asking for one at my pro shop. Seems they sell out almost the very day they get a shipment in. In fact the guy at the shop that works on my bow has sold two of them off his own bow to guys that have driven 90 plus miles to buy one, only to find the shop was sold out. Obviously a popular stab and for good reason.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Yep. Works great for me too. Took off my Sims Enhancer and replaced it with the S-coil. Great product for $15.00.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Simms

I emailed a rep on Simms and he told me the S-Coil is great but the module system was even better. I have had my module system for about a year now and like it. For the price I can almost buy 3 of the S-Coils. Those who have used both what kind of difference besides weight have you noticed?

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
8,685 Posts
for the price, the Simms S coil was just what I was looking for, I wanted to put the bow on a diet since last season. :teeth:

·
Registered
676 Posts
jduck1 said:
I emailed a rep on Simms and he told me the S-Coil is great but the module system was even better. I have had my module system for about a year now and like it. For the price I can almost buy 3 of the S-Coils. Those who have used both what kind of difference besides weight have you noticed?

Thanks,
Jeff

i use the modular with enhancer on my razortec and s-coils on a few of my other bows. i found the modular helped balance my hoyt better (for me). the dampening effect between both is hard to distinguish. weight is the only thing i've really noticed between them (and the price of course).

·
Registered
189 Posts
does the s-coil weigh much?

·
Registered
451 Posts
jduck1 said:

Thanks,
Jeff
I would say the bow feels a bit deader with the mod system, but just by a small amount.

·
save the decoys!!!!!!!!!!
7,033 Posts
thing doesnt way hardly anything.

i love mine. noticed a difference the first time i shot with it. what a steal.

brad

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
i bought one and put it on my allegiance, it works no better than the doinker multi rod i have, i like the weight and balance of the doinker so i dunno if i will use the simms or not

·
Bowhunter
5,209 Posts
I paid $19 for mine - guess the pro's gotta eat... :(

·
Registered
780 Posts
i tried the s coil on my friends ross and it shocked me at how much smoother it was and that bow is smooth as silk to start with. but i prefer a stab with some weight to it. i think the s coil only weighs 4.9 ounces.

·
Hunt By Faith Not By Site
6,321 Posts
I originally got a $50.00 Carbon Impact Ultra Gel SuperFat Stabilizer and I thought it was good. I then tried the S-Coil along with my Sims Enhancer 2000 and the Carbon Impact went back to the Pro Shop for a refund. That is a very good stabilizer and you can't beat the price. They sell here for $15.00.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I work for one of the larger distributors and the S-Coil is the pick of the season. We've sold about 400!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts