Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a link on how to tune a single cam bow? I'm replacing the string/cable and any help would be appreciated.

A while ago someone (Javi?) had instructions on how to tune a Cam.5 and that turned out really well. I'm hoping there's something similar for single cams.

Thanks,

·
Registered
725 Posts
I would also like to know this! It's been a big question on my mind for quite a while.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Single cam tuning

Here is a great description of supertuning a Mathews single cam.

Brian

Attachments

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Tuning Help

I very much appreciate you posting that info as it may have the answer to a constant left tear I have been getting (Pro's and Joes alike are getting the same tear) in my Mathews Apex. Thank you again.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Question on Paper Tuning

When paper tuning with bare shaft, or fletched for that matter, does it make a difference what arrow you use? Does it need to be the same type and weight as your shooting arrows? Should you use the stiffest spine possible or would a more flexable shaft work better? Since you are so close to the paper, I'm guessing that arrow type doesn't matter that much but the stiffer spine would be better. I appreciate any opinions but the reasoning behind them is really what counts!

·
USAF Retired
3,525 Posts
Same arrow

Part of the tuning process is to be sure you have the right arrow for your set-up. You need to tune with what you are going to shoot. That's like test driving an 8 cyl, then buying a 4 cyl and saying this isn't what you thought you were getting with the test drive. (Make sense?)

When paper tuning with bare shaft, or fletched for that matter, does it make a difference what arrow you use? Does it need to be the same type and weight as your shooting arrows? Should you use the stiffest spine possible or would a more flexable shaft work better? Since you are so close to the paper, I'm guessing that arrow type doesn't matter that much but the stiffer spine would be better. I appreciate any opinions but the reasoning behind them is really what counts!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts